Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Install pics

2K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  AKmega6.7 
#1 ·
Well, yesterday was the day to tackle the job. Install ARP 625 headstuds, Flux 2s and II 85% pump.

Much much easier then i thought it was goin to be. It really is just nuts and bolts lol. It took me and my buddy 10hrs to install everything. Which i think is pretty good since we are both pretty new at this stuff. Everything went it great, no snags at all!!!

Here are some pics and a video of the first start up. I dont know how people run this much fuel on the stock turbo. With TNT 7 it gets hot quick, I can peg the EGT gauge well before a 1/4mile lol. but I will have more air soon :D

I would like to thank everyone for their help: Eric Brown, AK Fusion, Giddy5.9, Dodge74, ruidosododge. Hope i didnt forget anyone

See less See more
1 4
Reactions: w5gm
#3 ·
Now we did check the valves since we didnt mess with the adjustments at all. I did notice some improvment, but its just to much fuel for the stock turbo. I wont see the whole benifits from the nozzles until I add air. I am goin with the stocker/s400 setup. then I will really see how much it helps :D

#21 ·
Not to Hijack your thread AK, but do they make a kit for the S400 under the stoke turbo or is that a custom fab job that needs to be done??? Thanks boss.

DN

#5 ·
No dude, it wasnt that bad at all. Just did what everyone said and took our time. Yea we only took a couple breaks. While my buddy was doin the studs, I was cleanin the injectors and rockers, then changed the tips over. so by the time the studs where all done, everything else was ready to drop right in.

I did find a tool that was very helpful. Instead of prying on the injector with a screw driver, I bought a brake tool from sears for 5bux, its in the shape of a pry bar just very small. I will post a pic in a day or 2. I thought it was very handy!!

#6 ·
Good to hear it worked for ya brotha!

Its really not a bad install... and 10hrs is steady fo sho!

Keep us posted on how you like and make sure you go back and check the valve lash for piece of mind... Or at least thats what we did 3 diff times...

#23 ·
But what size S400 would be used? It seems like it would be a cheaper way to upgrade the air than to buy a bigger single. Are you looking at a 65 or a 68?

#27 ·
Wow! Thats just sexy!!! Congrats for a job well done!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.