Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Inspection sticker Issues.

1004 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  LaFrance454
Ok my father in law has a 07.5 c&c 6.7. Hes got the deletes and an mp-8 and xrt. He went for an inspection sticker with the XRT on and he failed for the egr and catalyst not being ready to test. I was under the impression the XRT was to allow you to have no lights on so you could get a sticker. To make a long story short he ended up plugging the egr back in and taking everything out, reseting the computer and driving around for 125 miles with no codes thrown to get one. I have an updated flash on mine and throw codes with the sims in and the egr plugged in. I get 8-13 codes everytime I scan it. What am I supposed to do about a sticker If I cant get one with the XRT on...
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
815 Posts
Have not heard of anyone actually doing anything but a visible inspection. This wold fail your truck right away, unless you move to a state that does not do the test yet...

· Premium Member
1,311 Posts
I believe that he is one of our canadian members. If it were my truck and they wanted it stock I would just revert it to total stock setup for the inspection. That is why I saved every piece from mine and the only thing that cant be returned to factory is the hole for the pyro in the manifold. 100% stock should get you right through.

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Na I live in MA. they plug your truck in and theres a list of five things like your egr and catalyst. One of them has to be ready in order to pass. I have a hollowed out DPF filter and no EGR flap. If I plug the egt probes back in and the pressure lines back on will I still throw a code? Because I throw a code even with the sims in ever since The dummys flashed my computer when they programmed in the exhaust brake.

· Premium Member
1,311 Posts
I think that you will be alright with the EGR flap as long as the EGR motor is plugged in, as long as you dont get the red lightning bolt on the dash. The computer should think all is good and try and adjust the flap not knowing its missing.
The sims might be a different story. I had all kinds of engine codes with the resistors and finally got the XRT to turn off the check engine light. Additionally You may need to stealthaly install a resistor on the EGT probe so that the computer sees a different reading across the DPF when going to a stock setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.