Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the data on the Insight as good as guages? I'm perfectly OK with digital. But I want it to be reasonably current and accurate.

And will the Insight do the Turbo-Timer?

If it is then I should probably consider an insight. If not then guages.

I don't *need* any more HP (sure I'd love it but if I wanted to go fast I would have bought a sports car). I probably won't do DPF delete for a while, by which time the code free should be out and reliable so I don't need to clear codes. So I have a hard time justifying the additional $600 ish for a Juice w/ Attitude.

I think I should at a minimum have boost info and EGT. But the other values would also be interesting so I'm leaning towards the insight. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
i have the quad recon digital gauge on my truck and wish i woulda went with gauges for RP and fuel.... if its sunny its hard to see the numbers sometimes and guages look way better IMO

·
Registered
96 Posts
THAT IS VERY TRUE I HAVE TRIPLE PILLAR GAUGE AND IT'S EASY TO READ IF THE SUN IS IN THE CAB. THE INSIGHT DOES HAVE THE TURBO TIMER:thumbsup

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have done the edge on my 06, and i wanted gauges.....now i have gauges and want my edge back! I just dont think i will ever be happy:lol3:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do the digital ones just plug in, or do you have to drill and tap probes like a mechanical guage?

·
Cummins Freak
141 Posts
im just about to get rid of my insight and install the isspro guages that are in my sig. the insight will not do any more than what you already have on the dash other than the pyro kit that is extra. i didnt even install the pyro b/c it wasn't even worth the time or much less the money i spent on it. so now ive got the new isspro guages that will be installed soon. the advertisment about " over 100 autometers " is a bunch of :BS:

it will record data that can be put into your compter. thats all a lil high tech for me !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts