Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What could cause the side of an innercooler to blowout? I was drivin and hwy speed and when i went to pass a car halfway throu the pass i lost alot of power, upon inspection the next day i found that the whole side of the innercooler had come apart from the main body on the inlet side from the turbo. Truck threw an underboost code. The truck is not heavily modified, just a banks system and a boost fooler.

·
Registered
322 Posts
its the 05 POS one with plastic tanks. get a aftermarket or a stocker that has metal tanks

Reactions: matthewchace

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, next time i trade in ill know better. Good thing its covered under the extended waranty

·
On call 24/7
12,324 Posts
tell the dealer to order one for any year but 05 and it should be metal unless they have corrected there f-up

Reactions: matthewchace

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What could cause the side of an innercooler to blowout? I was drivin and hwy speed and when i went to pass a car halfway throu the pass i lost alot of power, upon inspection the next day i found that the whole side of the innercooler had come apart from the main body on the inlet side from the turbo. Truck threw an underboost code. The truck is not heavily modified, just a banks system and a boost fooler.
tell the dealer to order one for any year but 05 and it should be metal unless they have corrected there f-up
Ok will do, thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.