Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are probably threads already about this but I’m gonna ask again anyway.. I have an 04.5 with 5 inch exhaust, 63mm turbo, smarty jr, and air intake. 250xxx miles, and not sure when these things were installed. Bought it this way. Now thennn, it came with some bigger nozzles but if I tore it apart that far to Install those, I don’t wanna waste my time putting the nozzles in if they won’t do anything. I know money is the big difference but if I could install the 30% over nozzles and get the same performance as new injectors, then I’ll do that. Or if I need to buy new stock injectors and install those WITH the new nozzles. I need help!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Hi do yourself a fever if you want bigger nozzles buy new or remans from BBI or Exergy injectors with 50hp nozzles already installed, their has been alot of problems with reman injectors from some companys.

Reactions: 24hrsparkey

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Are you talking about doing the swap yourself in your garage or sending them to someone with the proper tools and equipment to do so?
If the do it yourself route. Swapping new nozzles onto old injectors will not result in the same outcome as going with new injectors all together especially if you have no idea how many miles are on the old injectors.
Swapping bigger nozzles onto new injectors isn’t the best idea either unless you are having a reputable shop with the means to then test and balance the set properly do the job.
At that point might as well just buy a set that’s already built and balanced together.
Just my opinion of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts