Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok got a 03 250hp model truck tell me some symptoms of bad injectors?? then if u know when nozzles are bad what are some symptoms i possibly want to upgrade to 90s or lower 50hps maybe i need prices cheap to i dont want edge unless u have heard good things bout them other than that my budget is 1,000 buck tell me what u got:confused013:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hard starting in cold weather, poor fuel mileage, and mine didn't smoke as much and when it did it had a grey tint to it. I highly doubt your nozzles are your problem. FYI injectors will cost you at least $385 a piece for cummins remans

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmm what would be considered poor fuel mileage where u get ur 90hp stixs

·
On call 24/7
12,576 Posts
Ya, nozzles arent gonna fix the problem. You can get factory injectors from thoroughbred diesel for around $335 a piece.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok hav ya heard of F1 are they whole injectors or what im confused also are edge jammers any good

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello anyone please

·
On call 24/7
12,576 Posts
F1 are supposed to be one of the best but there are a few members that have had a little diffuclty with Don the owner. I think you send them to him and he rebuilds them with his nozzles. If your gonna spend that kinda money I would go with DDP. I have jammers on my 98 and if I had to do it again I would go with something else.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
VulcanPerformance.com

Eric has Fireball injectors now. They make good power and are reasonably priced. Same injectors you find from some of the bigger names.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are they nozzles or the whole injector

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hello any help

·
Registered
99 Posts
If it were me and I am in the same boat you are I would pull all the injectors out and send them to your choice of either F1, Wicked Diesels, or Industrial Injection. All 3 can test the injectors to see if any are bad and can rebuild or replace the injector bodies. If you are having hard starting, white smoke, or making oil you have injector body problems. Replacing tips only will not help your situation. I have heard that Don at F1 makes the best injectors but I have never dealt with him. Shane at Wicked Diesels is a great guy and has great customer service. I have dealt with him for my modded CP3 and it is a great pump and I have heard nothing bad about his injectors. Hope this helps.

Joe

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a good luck with Don @ F1 twice now. Up here in Alberta/Canada commmon rails injectors are very pricey, dodge wants $810, cummins $750. Also nobody up here rebuilds them. So I dealt with Source Auto from Portland, sent the injectors to Don. Yes the kicker is the $1100 tips, but the okay price was clean, inspect, rebuild them for around $100+ each, depending what they need. Just my 2cents, I have no idea if there any better or worse than anybody else out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts