Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinkin snow performance is next and from there i'm goin with a fass pump and filter system. I want to put injectors in slight fear of cracking stock ones. the only thread I've seen on this the guys truck wasn't running right ever sense install? Installer error or are they junk and need more time to develop? Any input would be great.

·
Registered
388 Posts
most of the ones ive seen are 50hp and just have new tips on them for 1300 which isnt worth it to me.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You can get bigger ones than 50hp, ive seen a few 80 horse injectors and im pretty sure you can get even bigger ones made for your needs, but i havnt heard any input on how well they work.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
i want to but i am worried about the added EGT, I can take much more than what i have now.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
The only problems that I am aware of have been from installer error. DDP now has 40hp and 80hp nozzles and the price has come down.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I wouldnt want to add anything over 50 horse till a turbo comes out for these things even with a delete kit. From what i understand these things still get hot real quick.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,131 Posts
I wouldnt want to add anything over 50 horse till a turbo comes out for these things even with a delete kit. From what i understand these things still get hot real quick.
When you delete the DPF and block the EGR you EGTs drop huge. The EGR are what is giving the DPF delete only people the huge EGTs. You will drop over 200 degrees with the EGR delete just driving the speed limit if your DPF is already deleted.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
i definetly noticed huge drops with all the stuff off and egr deleted but i dont run my egts way high i have seen them hit 1300 yet on level 5 but thats right when she redlining then after a sec it drops back down allot it just gets hot getting there i guess

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
but het k2 what are these ddp injectors running for a price for the 40 and 80?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think im just sending some stock ones to industrial injecton to have them extrude honed... not sure what the hp will be. right now my clutch is the limiting factor in the quest. i have a fass, and a stock cp3 that is getting modifed. and a secret turbo. is in the works. an ISX is donnating some turbo parts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya i saw were industrial injection is making a 150 horse. I only want to go with a 50 or maybe an 80 I know what I'm doing so not to worried about replacing the nozzles. However I don't want to send the stock ones back but cores are so high priced. I think i'll try and wait tell i do an intercooler egr delete and snow and see were my egt's are cause i'm still running high with the dpf delete. Not seein that oh crap 1700 0r 1800 degree mark anymore tho. My trucks main purpose in life is to pull my 32' camper around for work so got to think about egt's even more. havn't hooked up to the camper yet to see how scary thoughs numbers are gonna be.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just Tips?

Is anyone selling just the tips so DIY guys can install them in the garage? I read a few magazine articles where there are Ford tips for DIY guys.

·
Registered
721 Posts
How about the stage 1 "do it yourself" CP3 kit? Will it work on our trucks?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Has anyone done a "CP-3 Mod Kit" at home in the garage yet?

·
Registered
144 Posts
do injectors help mileage any due to the better atomization? read in one of the mags it helped on a stock ford.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
DDP claims about 1-2 mpg from their 6.7 injectors.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I have 40hp nozzles.I noticed that my MGP inproved a little and if i'm towing my travel trailer in 6th gear I have to be doing at least 130km/h or my egts are very warm but most of the time I just select 5th gear and leave it there for towing , My trailer is around 9500LBS and i get about 14 MPG when towing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts