Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a super b with some 75 to 80 hp sticks be a good setup? My buddy just bought a 92 and wanted me to help him out with some performance mods he already has the fuel pin and all that good stuff done so far. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
665 Posts
HP goals??

$$$ ??

Up to 600rwhp is pretty well scienced out.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He just wants a good DD setup prolly nothing over 400 hp

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
ya and he will want you know all the suporting mods clutch or torqe converter, electric or mechanicall pump probably studs you know all the suporting things

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
ya and he will want you know all the suporting mods clutch or torqe converter, electric or mechanicall pump probably studs you know all the suporting things

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
sorry it double posted

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea the supporting mods are covered for now he is just looking into turbo and injectors so would the super b and some 75 to 80hp injectors be sufficient enough im new to the 1st gens and just trying to help him out, what's a good setup for around 375 to 400hp with these trucks?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Do you know how much HP the Super B will add? People have dynoed with just pump mods and got 250HP and 500 FT/LBS of TQ so with 80HP sticks would be around 330HP.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
if you asking about injectors i would recomend some sdx 5X14's ( 140hp ) there $500 heres a link tell me what you think SDX III

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
or if you want a little smaller go with the 90 hp sdx injectors (stage II)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would either one of them injectors go good with a super b?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
What size is the Super B?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
i dont know much about the super b but if you tell us the size like caseyf said that would probably let us tell you or at least help you more.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its a 57/65/14

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
well i think either will work but the 5X14 sdx would probably be a good choice if you want my advice

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What size injectors are those?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I wouldn't go with that turbo, an H1c upgrade would flow more air than it. A 57/65/14 isn't much bigger than stock. Look into getting a 60mm turbo and the 5x14's.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
5X14s ( 140hp) and i wouldnt do a 60 mm upgrade for you money your better of getting a he351cw

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
whoops misread that he wasnt talking bout the upgrade but still think about a he351cw

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
for that kind of power you are going to need more turno than a super b and a he351. a s-362 would be the way to go and some 5x14's obviously all of the supporting mods if its an auto converter, a good rebuild with good clutches steels and so forth , and a shift kit is a must IMO. also a good lift pump and posibbly head studs if he wants to run it all out

1 - 20 of 21 Posts