Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have taken off all of the injectors and the lines and had them tested they are fine. I put it all back together.Primed it and it started to start and then nothing. Did that for a while and it only wants to run if you prime it. I creked the lines and there wet but nothing come out when cranking. I need help fast I am supposed to drive this truck tomorrow to work. It is my only car. ANY INFO WILL HELP thanks.

·
Registered
736 Posts
does it keep running if you prime it? how long before it will not start again? last filter change?the early lift pumps are tough and don't go out much. fuel pressure check would be good. If it does (even poorly) its probably a air leak in the fuel lines somewhere check from tank to lift pump pay special attention to the elbows on the top of the tank,where the fuel lines are attached to the back of the block on the drivers side and the heater pre-screen assembly right at the lift pump. if all looks good crack the banjo bolt at the ip and have someone turn it over see if fuel is getting there from the lift pump off the cam drive.
check the blow off valve too. Again a fuel pressure gauge would help lots.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it runs for like 5 sec with it primed then wont even start until i prime it again and it has been a long time ago it has 204000 miles i changed it at like 100000

·
Registered
316 Posts
check for airleaks in the fuel system put air to the tank make sure you crack the injectors and get fuel there. If you don't have any air leaks or cracked rubber hose lines then I would say it is time to get a new lift pump. you can try putting air to the tank. also when you get it running and becarful push the lift pump and see if it stays running and if it does then you probably need a lift pump

·
Registered
736 Posts
it has been a long time ago it has 204000 miles i changed it at like 100000
go buy a fuel filter! pre fill it with CLEAN fuel, reinstall and loosen bleed fitting on top of filter housing pump till ya get fuel tighten up bleeder(some people fill the filter with the primer to be good and sure there is no contamination to the clean side.) and pump till ya hear the pressure come up (you'll hear it not much explanation needed) then bleed out injectors. you must have a pretty clean fuel source for it to go that long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts