Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I put a set of Edge Jammer 125 tips on my 24V. I was just going to put them in myself, but I figured that it might be smarter to have a local injection shop do it and pop test them while they're at it. I got the specs for them from Edge. When I put them in they run great until much past 2,250 RPM then the truck starts missing but only in 4th and 5th gear. Edge says that a tip is sticking and the shop says that Edge gave me a junk tip. I was just wondering if anybody had had the same problem or if I am on my own here.

I forgot to say that I did put a lift pump on it. She doesn't dip below 10 psi under any load. The injectors were pop tested to edge's specs, the I forget what it is but I've got it written down somewhere if that is an issue.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I got Jammer II's (80hp) and I can run to red line with no missing
fill in your sig so everyone knows what you have, if your still running the stock fuel pump you might be running out of fuel, hence the miss....

BTW my stock LP would run down to 3psi at WOT

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
IM pretty sure they NEED to be pop tested to work right:thumbsup

·
Registered
435 Posts
:welcome:
I agree with the pop testing, Im thinking thats a must also.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I put a set of Edge Jammer 125 tips on my 24V. I was just going to put them in myself, but I figured that it might be smarter to have a local injection shop do it and pop test them while they're at it. I got the specs for them from Edge. When I put them in they run great until much past 2,250 RPM then the truck starts missing but only in 4th and 5th gear. Edge says that a tip is sticking and the shop says that Edge gave me a junk tip. I was just wondering if anybody had had the same problem or if I am on my own here.
Sounds to me like a classic case of afailing sock lift pump. check youre fuel pressure going into the injection pumsouyld be around 15 @ idle and sould never be less that 10 @ WOT.
BTW don't bother with putting in another stock pump, They are hardly up to the task of fueling a stock truck. loook into an Aridog, ! hear they have a lifetime warranty on thier fuel systems:thumbsup
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ditto on the lift pump, check your pressures... Fass or Airdog, anythings better than stock.

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Ditto on the lift pump, check your pressures... Fass or Airdog, anythings better than stock.
Definitely crossed my mind. It's a dark cloud that hangs over all of us..

Is the truck misfiring, or, just laying down? The lift pump supply issue normally feel like is it just laying down; all cylinders starve equally.

On the other hand, sounds like Edge and your shop agree.

·
Registered
153 Posts
ya i put a set of 100 horse jammers in with the stock lift pump haha bad idea

1 - 8 of 8 Posts