Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My egt are just way to high for my liking previous owner purchased 225hp injectors and I can hit 1200 at a little more then half throttle with a s300gx turbo I’m making 35psi of boost but egt are way to high I was considering buying 100hp injectors but am unsure what size I’d like to lower egt to about 750 at 75 mph along with that I have a industrial injection hot rod vp44 and fass 150 with quad tuner

Dodge 2500 02 24v

·
Registered
13,252 Posts
7 x .010's are the right choice for nearly all street driven trucks. however cruising EGT's are not going to be reduced with smaller injectors.

Your tune should be adjusted to handle them. They are a bit big, but using only level 3 with some tuning will take care of your EGT issues. I ran similar injectors on my vp with an he351ve + the quad on lvl3 and a proper tune without any issues, even passed emissions on lvl 3.

Try this tune.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm running 225's with a stock hx35 and quadzilla. Right around 700 temp cruising speed, fueling is pulled way back in my tune.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
100hp should be fine with the s300g that usually the max for egt sensing 150 usual max for 72/75 compounds

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’d like to try to toe tune but I’m unsure if it will work with my quadzilla because it is quite a bit old it’s a pulsev2 monitor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts