Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

injector sizes?

912 8
i was curious as to what a good size(hp) injector nozzle would be for my truck, not much is done to it only a super chip an mbrp 5 inch a sb air box a bd intake fuel and lift pump. I'm not just looking to be ignorant and roll as much coal as i can and blow up my motor or tranny because their both stock. but i do want to make some more get up and go and obviously throw a little smoke in the making
any suggestions 75hp 100hp 150hp?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Why are you set on injectors? A good wire tap box would suit your needs better from the sounds of it. Please fill out your sig so we know any other mods, which trans you have ect.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
A superchip is not a wiretap box... Wiretaps would be TST powermax 3, TST comp, edge comp, edge drag comp or edge juice with attitude. Your superchip might give you 45-55 hp gain while a wiretap will give you around 120

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh ok i understand now, so a better tuner is what your saying, one that always stays plugged in? and i could still upgrade injector nozzles for even more performance? would this put my tranny/motor at risk

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Yes. Start with something like an edge comp box for performance. If you have an auto (Can't tell from sig) the comp will destroy your auto pretty quick. It will put your turbo right at it's max output with stock injectors so you would probably need a turbo before injectors. You aren't going to hurt the engine unless you let the egts get too high.
Here is a good place to start:
Gauges: Fuel pressure!!! egt, boost, and possibly trans temp
Then upgrade trans or clutch whichever you have
then a wiretap programmer
then for even more power turbo, injectors ect. It takes a lot of money to make higher horsepower properly

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
injector size

yes its auto and it has a fuel pressure gauge I'm going to get a three gauge pod for the pillar with trans temp boost and egt, and i was going to do a heavy duty trans overhaul kit before making anymore power, then i guess ill get a good wire tap turbo and injectors

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Since you have an auto your best money spend if not is FASS to keep your VP$$ happy if you don''t already have a aftermarket lift pump. Then if your going to build any power honestly building your tranny is the best money spend because adding power then breaking and rebuilding your tranny is not fun. Many people have done it before you. Once the tranny is build to the horsepower you willing to put down then thats when it gets fun and sometimes expensive.

Good Luck.

·
Vendor
12,823 Posts
What lift pump do you have? A programmer like Edge Juice with attitude will add about 60HP, be adjustable and you will have gauges to go with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.