Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 4x4 QC has a BD PMT, Fass 150, cfe intake, banks cold air, and 4'' silverline TB exhaust. Im looking at upgrading some industrial injection injectors but im trying to figure some things out...

1st- will adding injectors in the low 100's suck more fuel overall?

2nd- I believe that with such an upgrade I would also need some head studs because of higher boost correct?

Thanks

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
btw, with my current mods I dynoed at 426rwhp.

· EAST TEXAS VP
4,913 Posts
Running Injectors in the 100's will give you Higher EGT's from the Added Fuel. If you are going to do them....you are going to really have to watch your EGT's with the Stock Turbo....and plan to make that an Upgrade, since you will need the Air to make full use of the Fuel!! Studs shouldn't be needed with your Stock Turbo....but Studs will be Good Insurance, and needed when you Upgrade!! What are you running for a Transmission....Auto or Manual?? With more mods....is going to come the time where you are going to Need to address the Transmission too!! Fill out your Signature, so we know exactly what you have....and you don't have to put it up in Every Post!! Good Luck with the Truck:thumbsup:

· EAST TEXAS VP
4,913 Posts
I left out the fact that you are going to Strain your Stock CP3 with 100 Sticks or Bigger....and will need to Address that too. I started out with just the Arson Kit from Wicked Diesels....which is nice, because when you outgrow it....you can use the Arson kit towards a Bigger, and better Pump!! I have since gone bigger with the Wicked Pump, and will be upgrading to Dual CP3s in the Near Future. Just some things to consider bud.

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Diesel_Nuts. I have the tranny solved, as I put in a full billet trans back in august of 2009. Point taken on the EGTs with injectors in 100's. Im 74rwhp of reaching 500 so I guess 90hp injectors will do just fine and I might be able to save some $ on studs for now huh?

· EAST TEXAS VP
4,913 Posts
Sounds like a Plan bud, and add an Arson III CP3 Mod to that equation, just so you can keep the strain off of your Stock Pump!! Keep an eye on your Gauges, and you should be good to go bud.

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright thanks man. So reaching 500 with 90's should be possible?

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, elaborate on this arson kit and what that is/does...never heard of it. Thanks.

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so BBram, how will my rig benefit from a larger turbo and exhaust manifold with current rwhp at 426? Thanks

· Premium Member
19,670 Posts
so BBram, how will my rig benefit from a larger turbo and exhaust manifold with current rwhp at 426? Thanks
With the proper programming, the 06 fuel system will support 500rwhp, the problem will be the lack of air supplied by the stock charger (or at least the high egt's while doing so)

· EAST TEXAS VP
4,913 Posts
Brian (BBRam) knows his stuff, and agree!!

Also, elaborate on this arson kit and what that is/does...never heard of it. Thanks.
The Arson kit is a Do it yourself addition which replaces a few parts on your Stock CP3 Pump to help it fuel the bigger sticks. After you get the Turbo sorted out, and looking for more fuel, and add sticks....this will be something to consider!!:thumbsup:

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So which turbo and exhaust manifold would you all suggest? I was thinking an industrial injection silver bullet. Also, what type of overall performance can I expect?

Thanks

· EAST TEXAS VP
4,913 Posts
The Silver Bullet is Very Big....and Going to be Very Laggy on the Street, unless you had a Bunch of Mods to Get it Spooling!! I would suggest you stay in the 62mm range, with an II or HTT....or similar!! What are your end goals for the Truck, and do you tow??

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tow every now and then but mostly under 5k lbs but my pops just bough a trailer for his boat so ill be towing that 11k sucker around for him when needed. I got the tranny to do whatever but for now i just want to make between 500-600rwhp.

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright Ill keep that in mind. In the mean time while I save money, what can I do to my truck to add some HP's ?

· EAST TEXAS VP
4,913 Posts
You seem to have all the basics covered....and need to get into the bigger mods....which you are now saving for!! So, with that said....I think you need to save your pennies, and get you a Turbo, save for some Head Studs, and Nozzles, and you will be well on your way to making some Good Power. There are other things that will come into play, but more on that when you get there!! Good Luck with the Truck bud....and start Watering that Money Tree!!

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haha yeah I hear ya. When the time comes, what 62mm turbo would you recommend along with the exhaust manifold?

· Registered
428 Posts
500 hp then a 62 will work but if you want 600 then look into a 64 like a special or similar. I had a 62-71-13 that was getting on the hot side 1500 + at 550 hp. But if you want 5-550 then 62. I am on my 3rd turbo now so if I were to do it again I would of started with a super b special and worked up from there. The stock studs were good for me at 45 psi for three years. But they won't hurt neither. 90-100 hp stix will get you where you want to be pretty easy. I have a stock cp3 which is why my numbers don't really go up with programming much. I only gained from 594 hhp with smarty on lvl 1 to 613 on 7. Everything has its limits and I hit the wall with the stocker. The arson is also on my list.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.