Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

injector replacement

3348 Views 35 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  HillCountry
any recommendations . i have a bad injector in number one cylinder. mid Atlantic quoted me 600$ to replace one injector. also quoted me 1350$ to replace the bad injector and put flux 40 hp nozzles on all injectors. not sure which way to go!! and will 40 hp nozzles require me to do more fuel work to support them. i want longevity and reliability!! any opinions would be greatly appreciated...:confused013:
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Find a F1 injector dealer. Had all 6 of mine completely rebuilt and flow matched with flux 2 nozzels for $1800. very pleased. You can add 50 to75 hp and not need to upgrade fuel system.

· Premium Member
3,052 Posts
you could save yourself some money and just install them yourself. its really easy, just follow what link says and you will be ok, this is what i used when i did mine.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3...d-gen-injector-removal-install-procedure.html

oh, its just a good idea to replace your connector tube when you do your injectors also. Because sometimes the old tubes wont seal right with the new injectors and they could leak.

· Registered
2,754 Posts
if you're over 80k miles and not running a 2 micron FF, replace all 6.

for engine longevity, 2 micron FF and water separator.
I think clean fuel helps but it is not the fix all for the injectors cracking. I am running 3 fuel filters and 2 water seperators. And I cracked a body with flux 3.5 tips.

· Registered
2,754 Posts
any recommendations . i have a bad injector in number one cylinder. mid Atlantic quoted me 600$ to replace one injector. also quoted me 1350$ to replace the bad injector and put flux 40 hp nozzles on all injectors. not sure which way to go!! and will 40 hp nozzles require me to do more fuel work to support them. i want longevity and reliability!! any opinions would be greatly appreciated...:confused013:
F-1 website says 1100 for the 40 hp upgrade and a body is 150 each. Don does great work but if money is tight Wicked Diesels makes great tips and I think he can get you a good body. Where are you located??

· Registered
114 Posts
I got flux 2s in my truck ive had no problems with them and tons of power

· Premium Member
792 Posts
i would replace all the injectors myself, just for the peace of mind knowing that if you have problems with one right now, you can bet your last dollar you will have more problems with the rest down the rd. its not a hard job to do, just keep everything clean. i'm not a mech and have done serveral injector swaps for people. 40HP tips, you will be fine with no fuel mods, although it will feel better with upgrades down the rd if you want. thats a nice size increase too.nothing too much and maybe better mileage.

· Registered
132 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Midatlantic Diesel

I am very displeased with this business, I have sent my injectors to their company a week ago and I have been calling an e-mailing. I'm starting to think I have been had, because the mail in address was for a place in Texas. Please beware, I'm still waiting to hear something but they will not call me back. The number on the website is only an answer machine. I have received 4 e-mails from blackberrys telling me we will look into it but nothing yet. Please think twice.

· Registered
1,102 Posts
I am very displeased with this business, I have sent my injectors to their company a week ago and I have been calling an e-mailing. I starting to think I have been had, because the mail in address was for a place in Texas. Please beware, I'm still waiting to hear something but they will not call me back. The number on the website is only an answer machine. I have received 4 e-mails from blackberrys telling me we will look into it but nothing yet. Please think twice.
F1 (DonM) is located in the Dallas area which is where you shiped your injectors most likely. MidAtlanticDiesel is just a distributor for F1 and does not actually do the work. They might not have heard back from DonM yet. You havent been scammed. With the way F1 is setup customer service is lacking.

· Registered
44 Posts
F1 (DonM) is located in the Dallas area which is where you shiped your injectors most likely. MidAtlanticDiesel is just a distributor for F1 and does not actually do the work. They might not have heard back from DonM yet. You havent been scammed. With the way F1 is setup customer service is lacking.
Thanks! That's reassuring. By the way I will be in Midland this week Friday-Monday, do you have a direct number to F1 in the Dallas area.
HC

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.