Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Injector Replacement

566 5
How important is it that you replace the copper washer when you do injectors? Is it ok if you use the old one, or do I need to stop being a girl and pull them out and put a new washer in? Just wondering if there can be any negative affects from using the old one. Thanks!:thumbsup:
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Got P7100?
6,493 Posts
If you have already re-used the old ones and there has been no problems i wouldnt pull them out to change them.

I have reused the copper washers before with out a problem

· Banned
1,252 Posts
i agree, as long as they arent crushed or diformed and you are in a bind or have already used them i wouldnt pull them out. but copper is relatively soft so it will crush an deform to the surface irregularities.

· Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well they are the ones off the stock injectors. I'm having hard starts right now, but I think it's the orings....i ordered new ones today so hopefully that will fix the starting problems. I was just wondering if diesel could drip into the cylinder and then into the oil if you reused them or something...I just get paranoid about stuff. lol

· Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha ha...i think it was you who told me to replace the orings in the first place in another thread, but i got excited and didn't want to wait on them. LOL. I will listen next time!! ha ha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.