Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a video on youtube a step by step teardown and cleaning of injectors but cannot find it. Can someone lead me in the right direction? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
24,453 Posts
Even if you was to tear them down to clean them in order for them to be right they have to be POP tested.

·
Registered
429 Posts
If your having injector issues I would just get a hold of Eric with The Humgry Diesel for a set. That is my plans here real soon as I have 220,000 on the stockers and I just added a he351cw to the mix.

Kevin
xxx

·
Super Moderator
24,453 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's really easy. 15mm deepwell, a vice, 15mm wrench and lots of brake cleaner. Now putting them back together is different. You have to torque the body to 28ft-lbs. Do them all exactly the same. I just did my old set and a set I put the new nozzles on. Cheap old pop tester I got for 79 bucks and 3550 to 3600 psi. Got some .15 hardened shims off eBay too. Everything works perfectly. Way less than the $400 they want for 6 stock injectors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.