Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to do some injectors. Any recomendations on what size I should go with? Right now on beta 4.2 sw#9 I can't get the EGT's over 1150. I rarely tow and when I do, I'm doing 65 to 70mph. Thanks for the help guys. :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
If it is going to be a daily driver injectors in the 100rwhp are the highest I would go, otherwise they could hurt fuel economy.

·
Premium Member
27,510 Posts

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
well that all depends on how much power you want to have? because a modded cp3 will be needed if you go top large. i know that i was happy with my 3 flows which were about 80hp. but i needed more so i had to move up.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I'm going to be upgrading to a stage II or III CP3 from the arson. I was debating between 100's and 120's. I just wasn't sure how hot the 120's would make the EGT's. Thanks for all the info. I wouldn't mind hitting the 600+rwhp mark.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much air you talkin about? Maybe I should upgrade the turbo to the 66mm or I could just sell the 64 and exhaust manifold and go for twins for the big air.

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
yup if your upgrading cp3's you will be fine with the 120's. after my new injectors it looks like it time to upgrade my pump again. :lol3: is 8000 psi at WOT a bad thing????

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
How much air you talkin about? Maybe I should upgrade the turbo to the 66mm or I could just sell the 64 and exhaust manifold and go for twins for the big air.
cant ever go wrong with twins. i know my 66 handled the 120's just fine then new ones its not fairing so well with as of right now. but they have only been in for a few hours still have some tuning to do.

·
Premium Member
27,510 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IMO, Twins is the way to go. :thumbsup
HAHA, anyone want a nice turbo and exh manifold?? PM me. If not, then its looking like a set of 120's. Thanks guys, as always, Robert and Brian you have been very helpful with making my addiction grow stonger.:thumbsup

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts

·
I bleed diesel
1,342 Posts
HAHA, anyone want a nice turbo and exh manifold?? PM me. If not, then its looking like a set of 120's. Thanks guys, as always, Robert and Brian you have been very helpful with making my addiction grow stonger.:thumbsup
Dude, keep your turbo and put an S480 underneath it! That's a combo for some ungodly amounts of HP!

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dude, keep your turbo and put an S480 underneath it! That's a combo for some ungodly amounts of HP!
Honestly, I have thought about that. This turbo spools pretty quick with stock injectors and I can't believe what it would be like in a compound kit with a lot of fuel. Once it hits 10psi of boost on sw#9 it rips immediately to 47psi.

·
Premium Member
27,510 Posts
Honestly, I have thought about that. This turbo spools pretty quick with stock injectors and I can't believe what it would be like in a compound kit with a lot of fuel. Once it hits 10psi of boost on sw#9 it rips immediately to 47psi.
Talk to desertchecker, I believe he is using close to what you have with a 480 on the bottom.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/member.php?u=3862

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 21 Posts