Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am thinking about getting a set of injectors (150) of my truck. The questions that i have is my egt's our all ready at 1200 and I'm an also making 35 ponds of bost with my hx35. Do i need to buy a turbo first? Which would be a good one? Or can i just get the injectors and set low parameters with my adr? Ive heard that with these injectors you could get really high egts and melt your turbo or your pistons is that true?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hello i am thinking about getting a set of injectors (150) of my truck. The questions that i have is my egt's our all ready at 1200 and I'm an also making 35 ponds of bost with my hx35. Do i need to buy a turbo first? Which would be a good one? Or can i just get the injectors and set low parameters with my adr? Ive heard that with these injectors you could get really high egts and melt your turbo or your pistons is that true?
I have hit 1800 degrees with my adrenaline and 100s when not paying attention. different inj run hotter then others but i definetaly think its best to buy a turbo first then inj if not just buy inj and hold onto them until you buy a turbo:thumbsup:

·
FRIENDS OF COAL
3,405 Posts
your getting 35lbs of of your truck? With it pretty much stock. Im just curious to what Im doing wrong.

·
Registered
427 Posts
your getting 35lbs of of your truck? With it pretty much stock. Im just curious to what Im doing wrong.
You dont have a fueling box i can hit around 34 lbs in my truck with a adrenaline, intake, exhaust and blue chip vp.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
You definitely need to upgrade the turbo first. Your EGT's are already far too high if you're seeing 1200* on a regular basis. You without a doubt need more air. Also, 35 psi boost is running in the danger zone of a HX35. With that much boost, you're doing little more than super heating the charged air. You're already running on borrowed time...

As for turbo recommendations, what are your end goals for the truck?

·
Registered
427 Posts
You definitely need to upgrade the turbo first. Your EGT's are already far too high if you're seeing 1200* on a regular basis. You without a doubt need more air. Also, 35 psi boost is running in the danger zone of a HX35. With that much boost, you're doing little more than super heating the charged air. You're already running on borrowed time...

As for turbo recommendations, what are your end goals for the truck?
35lbs of boost is the max you want to go its not a danger zone its just right at the map limit anything over that is pointless from my understanding. I dont think he is seeing 1200 at cruising temps just on wot from what i understand. Definetaly needs to look for a turbo upgrade though

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Correct. 35psi is the map limit for the HX35. I suppose I'm of the opinion that consistently running a turbo at the upper map limit is running in the danger zone...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Correct. 35psi is the map limit for the HX35. I suppose I'm of the opinion that consistently running a turbo at the upper map limit is running in the danger zone...
I would agree running a 100% of the time at 35 psi would not be good but unless you are a high school kid trying to smoke out every stop light how often do you really go wot? i hardly ever only if im trying to pass someone do i fully get on it idk how the op drives but i can hit 34psi when i need too that to me is not a danger zone:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.