Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 5.9 with 60% injectors 67/67 turbo Hamilton cam tuning 5 inch exhaust s n b air system fass system and my question is can I go back to stock injectors with all the performance mods? The 60 % injectors r nothing but problems and now I have one leaking fuel into the oil. I've had enough of this and want to go back to stock on injectors?, can anyone help?

·
Registered
860 Posts
You can go back to stock but you’ll have spooling issues. My suggestion would be to get BBI stage 2 injectors. You’ll be so much happier with the outcome and in mine as well as many others, BBI injectors are better built than the stock injectors.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Yes you can go back to stock injectors. What do you have for tuning? It is possible for fuel to get into the oil from the CP3. What issues are you having? Whos injectors do you have?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yes you can go back to stock, but you'll need to revise your tuning to try and get a much fuel as possible to spool that turbo now

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can go back to stock but you’ll have spooling issues. My suggestion would be to get BBI stage 2 injectors. You’ll be so much happier with the outcome and in mine as well as many others, BBI injectors are better built than the stock injectors.
Can I get it to spool better by using stage 5 of the tune which is max fuel.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes you can go back to stock injectors. What do you have for tuning? It is possible for fuel to get into the oil from the CP3. What issues are you having? Whos injectors do you have?
I have energy injectors and now have a fuel leak somewhere

·
Registered
361 Posts
You may want to check the crossover tubes. Were they replaced at the time of the injectors? Maybe loosen everything up and follow the steps to retorque.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Also were these reman or new injectors?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Can I get it to spool better by using stage 5 of the tune which is max fuel.
You can negate some of the spoiling issue with custom tuning as stated. If you try to use a tune that was done for the larger injectors, the timing and duration will be way off and you will risk your engine for it.

As for the fuel leak... Check your oil level, and smell the oil to see if you are getting fuel in your oil.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts