Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Injector Question?

538 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Compcowboy
Correct me if im wrong but our injector bodies are coded to the ecm right? So when someone orders a set the just send the tips right. So i wanted to send a set to get extrude honed id just need to send the tips.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
8,859 Posts
I have really only seen nozzles for the 6.7s and I bet thats why, I bet if you would send the whole injectors in because most places would more then likely test them before they leave there shop but make you number them somehow, to keep them in order

· Premium Member
8,859 Posts
my girlfriend is gonna get me some stock injector tips from work, and i was gonna send them up to be exturde honed. i was just checking to see if they send any thing esle.
where does she work, she sounds like a keeper, not sure how much the nozzles go for but I can get remain 6.7 injecotrs for under $200 a piece so nozzles would be cheap.

· Registered
3,180 Posts
the injectors are coded and the star scan can recode them if you got all new injectors bodies and all but say you just put other whole injectors in, it only throws a code and it wont put it in limp... So really i am sure HS has knowledge of making that code not pop but no body sells whole injectors fully modded... This maybe a next step for a company like HS???

· Premium Member
8,859 Posts
the injectors are coded and the star scan can recode them if you got all new injectors bodies and all but say you just put other whole injectors in, it only throws a code and it wont put it in limp... So really i am sure HS has knowledge of making that code not pop but no body sells whole injectors fully modded... This maybe a next step for a company like HS???
thats the problem you have to have the starscan to recode them, meaning a tow to the dealer to get the new codes in the ecm, just throws a code, and not limp mode I have seen first hand(my own truck) that the truck will not even start or run if the codes are wrong or not in the ecm.

· Unreconstructed
24,949 Posts
She sure does sound like a keeper! Wish I could find me one like that? She got a sister? LOL

· Registered
613 Posts
Yes if you put new injectors in the hole..youll have to have them recoded....

TRUST ME I KNOW!

· Washington Chapter Vice President
5,035 Posts
Yes if you put new injectors in the hole..youll have to have them recoded....

TRUST ME I KNOW!
Yup, what he said.:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.