Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone please help me with injector pump questions like where i might be able to find an alternative or what the alternatives are rather than the 5200 bucks for a "new" pump?? bad fuel caused some maaajor problems for me this week.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
I installed a FASS pump to add extra performance and clean the diesel fuel. What kind of bad fuel did you get, like just dirt contaminated?

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
water with rust and dirt.. i got all my injectors replaced cause it shot 3 of them, and the next day my truck went back into limp mode and everything. im an idiot an installed the fass before taking my truck back to the dealer an now they are saying thats my problem. of course thats impossible... i just want to know if theres any way around the 5200 bucks for a new dodge pump

·
Registered
495 Posts
oh man is it still the same problem from last time or did you get bad fuel again?

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
still the same problem... its been never ending. i cant fight really cause in all legality im sure the deeper the problem is looked at, the main problem would come back to as warranty fraud. i have gotten a anew pf and all new injectors out of them but its looking like im going to have to buy this injection pump out of pocket. i just checked my messages and dodge called back saying they can get a re manufactured one for 2700 installed. the lame part is that its a 4 week backorder for the part...

·
Registered
388 Posts
check ebay, ive seen one fs around 1100 with less than 3k on it

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I would be all over and up every hole the place that you bought the diesel fuel that caused all this... They should foot the bill for all this dude, not you or Dodge...

Edit: Dude I was thinking some more on your problem here, I would be damned if I would shell out 5200 bucks for a stock OEM CP3... I would get ahold of one of the aftermarket guys that is known for the better mods to the CP3's and chat with them about all this and tell them what has happened here, I bet one of their modified CP3's would be less than half the $$$ and would be way better anyway... Then I would be up that fuel station's you know what dude and get them to pay for all this...

·
Banned
1,334 Posts
that wont get the guy anywhere that gas station wont do a damn thing and u could argue till your blue in the face, and try to sue them and nothing will happen, ebay has em, and im sure some of the other performance companies that deal in cp3s would get you a better deal, they do sell stock cp3s just have to send them your core

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah ive been able to find a few around the net. i just was a lil confused cause some were labeled high pressure pumps, and this and that. does any one know a part number or code. like the vp44 or something. if its the same thing then i can get one from bosch for 650. which i believe is an oem part...

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and the gas station wont do anything, ive been thorugh that route.. also.. for EVERYONE to check out. on sema.org theres a page that explains the whole background about how dealers cant say anything about aftermarket parts without a full conclusion to the actual part being the problem... should check it out

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Well, I guess I have been lucky not getting any of the fuel like you did. I did get a tank of LSD right after I bought my 6.7 which had on the pump ULSD and that pi$$ed me off enough that I called thye railroad commission on and they had me call someone else that did say they was interested in this sort of stuff and that they would check into this...

I am betting you could get some help of some sorts if you had the time to chase all this out. Nothing else you might could get the place ran through the ringer with inspections and at least have that be a PITA for them LOL... Its no doubt their fuel has been a huge PITA for you... Sorry for all your trouble dude, wish there was more I could say or do to help... I was telling the wife about all this you have had happen, and just in general thinking about all this, that and for over 4 bucks a gallon... Ain't nothing right about it...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Doesn't comprehensive auto insurance cover act of God stuff like bad fuel? Then you're just looking at paying the deductible. I've read about guys in your situation and their car insurance picked it up. It's the same as hitting a deer.

·
Banned
1,334 Posts
yeah bosch cp3 high pressure

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
650 bucks then. i cant wait til tuesday, im going back to the dealer with a lot of paperwork and im going to turn red with them. im not being tossed around like a cell mate by them

·
Registered
634 Posts
Like stated earlier I would look into an aftermarket one, get a quote for the repair, then call your insurance company if you have full coverage. They should cover it. Then I would install it myself along with some other mods and have a blast with it.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i was entirely too heavy footed while i was a younger kid. im still a kid, but my driving record will not allow for me to have full coverage. i understand its a brand new truck and by law im required to have it but i just dont see paying 8k a year just to be able to insure a vehicle. thats absolutely insane.

i ordered the new part, should be here by wed or thurs. dodge will install it. there were 6 or 7 codes that came up so i need those cleared. i wanna do the install myself, but i also just want for dodge to do this one last thing just so that i will know my truck is running correctly this time. once done, im driving around as hard as i can for one whole week just to see if anything else is going to go wrong. if it does, im driving the truck through the friggin shop, if nothing goes hay wire then ill finally be putting in the delete an edge, i just got an mp-8 to stack, the air raid, the intercooler and ill definitely be blocking off the egr. at this point i dont care what happens. i just want my truck back lol

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Railin,

Now I have had some issues just recently with RF getting into the ECM and just nukin' the heck out of the engine. It would make you think you had fuel issues if I didn't know better...

What I found to be the problem and area to look at was on the back of the fuel rail where the rail pressure sensor wire plugs into the sensor, its how the wiring is ran and what is touching what!!!

You really need to be checking for this on your truck dude, as it made my truck throw a bunch of weird and wild codes, fuel pressure to go to zero and bounce up and down and even had the engine die and not even restart!!!

I made a long post about all this on a thread of mine today. I ended up moving the sensor wire to where they are ran over the top of the lifting eye, between it and the last injector. Instead of over the back of the lifting eye where the other split loom full of wires are ran...

I had mine sensor wire and rail pressure wiring tie strapped to the bigger split loom there that runs up to the big junction there on the driverside firewall.... Dude you might have a look see at how your rail sensor wires are being routed there and if its over the back with the other wires there, might try lifting it up and hang it over the lifting eye away from the other wiring and just see if you don't get a change...

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what did that do for your codes though? did u have a way of clearing them??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts