Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Injector pump going out? or what the heck!

4100 Views 45 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  truckasarus
Have fass 150,62-65-12turbo,edge juice w-att hot code.and have never seen more than 32 lbs of boost.And just installed edge 100hp injectors,and no gain in power or smoke at all just wondering if pump is dying.:confused013:
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot to mention that wasgate was set at 35psi, all i saw was about 28-29, tried adjusting it all the way no increse so finally just plugged it and thats when i got a lousy 32psi. gotta be a fueling issue right?

· Rescue Tower
11,008 Posts
Have fass 150,62-65-12turbo,edge juice w-att hot code.and have never seen more than 32 lbs of boost.And just installed edge 100hp injectors,and no gain in power or smoke at all just wondering if pump is dying.:confused013:
What are your EGT's I'm thinking the Juice is defueling based on EGT's or something else.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pretty sure wire is tapped but gonna make sure. and dont think its defueling due to egts cause i have the limit set in box at 1350 and have never seen that. Any ideas why no gain in injectors?

· Registered
66 Posts
I am having a similar issue with mine. I have a quad adr, 150 sticks and straight pipe. I dont see any gain at all with my quad over setting 3. I did have a big difference in power with the sticks, not zero gain on higher settings with the box. Box tested good on another identical truck, I maintain fuel pressure, thinking it has to be injector pump at this point also. My truck also lacks power stock

· Registered
301 Posts
You could just hit enter twice on the attitude moniture to disregard any safety parameters.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what should the back down be set to for maxium power? dont understand it.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
okay. just drove the truck now the most boost i can hit is 21lbs on lvel 6.and i have no boost leak ethier so all signs point to injector pump right? cause the problem seems to be getting worse.......

· Registered
66 Posts
have you checked the fp? mabye try unhookin your edge and just driving it without anything on it
I maintain good pressure with mine with or without the quad.
P.S. not trying to hijack your thread, we both have the same problem, so providing input.

· Registered
66 Posts
Yes, none. Definitely low on power, and can hear timing change while cruising I think.

· Registered
384 Posts
I believe my symptoms are similar. When cruising at 2000rpm's or above I can hear the valvetrain or something get a tad louder. No change in rpms though. Like the ticking gets a bit louder? You hear something similar?

I also just put in 100hp sticks and now have no smoke. With or without timing box. Thought I was the only one having this problem.

Subscribed.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I havent heard any change in valvetrain or RPMS while driving.But i dont see how i could loose almost 10lbs of boost with installing 100hp injectors that just isnt right at all. I thought the stock sticks were the only thing holding me back.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.