Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone took there nozzles out and sent them off to get work done on them. Like to make them 50,75 horse

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts
We have customer that we do it for all the time. The only negative is down-time for the customer.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I didn't read it right how much does it cost to have it done

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have heard of this being done the process is the same way that DDP makes their nozzles I think it takes about a week the prices are on the website but its like 37-48 dollars a piece

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
If you have the dough and can handle the down time I talked to Exergy this morning and he was a heck of a guy and sounds like he knows his stuff. Its expensive but thorough. Sounds like you have to send them your whole injectors they test them to make sure they are working properly and then they will EDM your nozzles to you desired size and after that they balance them using the AFM process. He said they balance them to within a 1/2 a percent. Around a $1,000 for this service.

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
If you have the dough and can handle the down time I talked to Exergy this morning and he was a heck of a guy and sounds like he knows his stuff. Its expensive but thorough. Sounds like you have to send them your whole injectors they test them to make sure they are working properly and then they will EDM your nozzles to you desired size and after that they balance them using the AFM process. He said they balance them to within a 1/2 a percent. Around a $1,000 for this service.
Thats really not that bad if you think about it. DDP wants 8-900 for a set of nozzles and Exergy is testing, flowing and making them any hp you want.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Thats really not that bad if you think about it. DDP wants 8-900 for a set of nozzles and Exergy is testing, flowing and making them any hp you want.
^^^^^^ I agree totally!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Exergy also supplies you with the results of the test. You will actually know what your injectors flow, of course that may not be important to you in which case Extrude Hone might be fine for what you want.
It is definitely cheaper to go through Extrude Hone, but you have to make the decision for yourself how much the knowledge and service supplied by Exergy is worth to you.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Never heard of Exergy till now. But that's a very reasonable price for all that.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Another option is to contact Claude Turner at Diesel Injection Service Co. in Louisville KY. They do extrude honing which is the best way to get up to 150hp levels and he will strongly recommend having the injectors tested as part of the process rather than self-installing your own nozzles. Injector bodies are not always good. They are very good at matching sets, providing results, all that. They also make hot rod CP3s and VP44s. I don't have their phone handy but they are at Diesel Parts, Repair and Service from Diesel USA.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Exergy is a great choice. Greg(exergy) just tested a set of nozzles for me. He will answer any questions you have and will not steer you wrong.

Reactions: MGarland

·
Registered
795 Posts
Do these companies flow the injector body as well and install the nozzles on the bodies?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Exergy will do everything. Testing, repair and modding. The guys that started it are ex Bosch employees and are more than qualified to do it all. Give them a call and ask for Greg. He will give you a crash course on CR injectors. It amazed me the tolerances these inj. are working within. We're talking within millionths of an inch on some internal parts. No room for shoddy work at those values

sent from droidX somewhere in N.C.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Exergy will do everything. Testing, repair and modding. The guys that started it are ex Bosch employees and are more than qualified to do it all. Give them a call and ask for Greg. He will give you a crash course on CR injectors. It amazed me the tolerances these inj. are working within. We're talking within millionths of an inch on some internal parts. No room for shoddy work at those values

OK, Bosch is a WW-Company so Why are they EX Employee's? the Spec's are 100/10k.. millionths is out Right lie...Why are owners always falling victims to this type of Marketing,If wthin 1M How would any repair Be possible? Many companies have resources any abilities..Its this simple,If your injectors are performing well in the host motor they are within Bosch spec's,If long crank,unusual smoke, knock ,fuel in Oil,Above .05 per 8k OEM tips,above .08 for aftermarket,Etc,these are the big signs of bad or poor operating CR injectors.Changing the tips will NOT effect the operation of the Injector "Unless one or more of these conditions exists".

Why NOT just BUY new tips? if your host injectors are performing well,Compare the cost to someone telling you thats its within 1m,are they testing the tips or Bodies,You would have NEW tips without the hassle for the cost of them telling you that your not within the 1m.Once they have your property what do you think is the most likely case?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I dont recall details but the basics are bosch started a test repair facility in the U.S. in anticipation of the light duty diesel market expanding to more cars and 1/2 ton chassis trucks. Then when the diesel market didnt expand Bosch shut the facility down. Some of the guys that were employeed by Bosch started Exergy Engineering. Now if you want more details than that then call and ask for Greg. Im not going to argue the tolerance specs with you because Im not qualified to. Just repeating some stuff from Exergy. Once again call Greg if you want more info.

·
Registered
387 Posts
And for the record the nozzles I had tested were modded by another company. Greg didnt knock the product. Simply did the testing and sent the flow results. He actually said they were pretty good but felt that he could have done a little better. So if you're implying that they will tell you a lie to get your business, I havent seen that yet

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
OK, Bosch is a WW-Company so Why are they EX Employee's? the Spec's are 100/10k.. millionths is out Right lie...Why are owners always falling victims to this type of Marketing,If wthin 1M How would any repair Be possible? Many companies have resources any abilities..Its this simple,If your injectors are performing well in the host motor they are within Bosch spec's,If long crank,unusual smoke, knock ,fuel in Oil,Above .05 per 8k OEM tips,above .08 for aftermarket,Etc,these are the big signs of bad or poor operating CR injectors.Changing the tips will NOT effect the operation of the Injector "Unless one or more of these conditions exists".

Why NOT just BUY new tips? if your host injectors are performing well,Compare the cost to someone telling you thats its within 1m,are they testing the tips or Bodies,You would have NEW tips without the hassle for the cost of them telling you that your not within the 1m.Once they have your property what do you think is the most likely case?
Todd ! it's been a while.... how the hell ya doing.

To answer your question.... I know you have II's back who also does good work. The thing with Exergy is, the 4 owners were all Bosch techs that worked for Bosch. I believe for almost 20yrs. They were part of the R&D tean for Bosch and GM. They worked on and design the EFI systems among other system for GM. I forget exactly why Bosch pulled out but, I believe it was to help cut cost since Detroit wasn't producing they way they were.

The building Bosch leased was up for grabs and was all the Bosch equipment as Bosch only wanted to sell the stuff off. These 4 guys got together and purchased the building and equipment to start their own deal. They now own equipment no one else would even be able to afford. Not just a test bench or flow machine. It you ask them to test injector for you, they not only do that but, will offer actual pictures of the tip hole from the inside. You wouldn't believe some of the pictures I've seen from other injector companies. Rust, very rough edge...etc. They really do know what they're doing. They still work with Bosch Motorsports in R&D and real world experiences. They just do it as their own entity now.

They haven't marketed their company at all. They have been inundated with work lately because of the work they do and outstanding customer service. I'm not saying no other company can work injectors but, if there's any that know their chit.... it's these guys.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts