Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at getting my stock injectors extrude honed here in the next couple weeks, soon as I hit 100k. Im going to probably be getting the 60% over. Im just wondering how you can convert percentage over stock into horsepower, like most places rate injectors.

Basically Im just wanting to know what a set of 60% over stock injectors would be equivelent to in HP.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm not sure, but since nothing is 100% efficient I am sure you cannot. By the way, E=MC^2 refers to the energy released when matter is destroyed, not a chemical reaction, ie burning. ;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure, but since nothing is 100% efficient I am sure you cannot. By the way, E=MC^2 refers to the energy released when matter is destroyed, not a chemical reaction, ie burning. ;)

Lol yeah yeah, I just threw the E=MC2 up there to get attention:party018:

·
Registered
85 Posts
E=mc^2 actually refers to the fact that mass and energy are the same thing. You can't destroy matter. It just changes form.

Energy= (relativistic mass)x(speed of light)^2

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wow I can google to lol Jking man some of you guys either know some or just like google lol but yeah is there anything about the injectors cuz i was looking to hone mine out cant really afford a new set.

·
Registered
352 Posts
E=mc^2 actually refers to the fact that mass and energy are the same thing. You can't destroy matter. It just changes form.

Energy= (relativistic mass)x(speed of light)^2
You are correct, the reason I used the word 'destroy' is because matter can be turned into energy, but there is no known way to turn energy into matter.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Basically Im just wanting to know what a set of 60% over stock injectors would be equivelent to in HP.
From the gethoned website they state 45% increase = 60 to 80 hp gains. Now they also do say the process will give you "up to 60% more flow". So that leads me to believe not all nozzles will achieve this 60%.
So I gave it an average of 70hp that equals 1.55hp per 1% which = 93 hp gain. Now remember this is on paper . The actual flow tests will be diff. I would imagine. And if you can get the whole 60% increase...

Daniel

·
Registered
85 Posts
You are correct, the reason I used the word 'destroy' is because matter can be turned into energy, but there is no known way to turn energy into matter.
Wrong. Matter cannot be completely turned into energy (at least by us).

According to E=mc^2 a penny (mass ~3 g) would have about 75 million kilowatt hours of energy.

We have no way of converting matter to energy at least in the sense of E-mc^2.

I'm just busting your [email protected]##$... :buttkick:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sure-just get yourself some dilithium crystals, some matter & anti-matter, combine the two, & you end up with "Ciptin, she caaan't take much mure, she's gonna blow!!!" Too much time watching Star Trek as a kid, I guess. Actually injectors are just part of the equation-got to burn that extra fuel to make more power, Smarty is a good thing to have, along with a good set of gauges (EGT, boost, fuel at minimum)-or you'll lose your warp drive!!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
off topic and not worth arguing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts