Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the injectors have individual one way check valves to prevent fuel from feeding one another thru the return line. I know the return line has a check valve that feeds back to the ip supply. I've read that this is to prevent the lift pump from directly supplying the injectors from the "back end" . But what about extra juice from the other injectors, wouldn't that squeeze in and feed the other injectors. How does this work?

I know the original stacked banjo fittings ( connects injector return to ip supply) ontop the filter housing had a springed check valve banjo bolt to keep fuel from.....
Does anybody know what happens if that check valve wasn't there or not working right, what would happen?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Do the injectors have individual one way check valves to prevent fuel from feeding one another thru the return line. I know the return line has a check valve that feeds back to the ip supply. I've read that this is to prevent the lift pump from directly supplying the injectors from the "back end" . But what about extra juice from the other injectors, wouldn't that squeeze in and feed the other injectors. How does this work?

I know the original stacked banjo fittings ( connects injector return to ip supply) ontop the filter housing had a springed check valve banjo bolt to keep fuel from.....
Does anybody know what happens if that check valve wasn't there or not working right, what would happen?
Your problem and sound you hear is your new plumbing you engineered. Send the fuel from your OFV and injector return into the return line back to the tank. As you have it set up now, you're not returning fuel from injectors or OFV but instead pressurizing your returns with your fass.

This is an airdog install sheet but it illustrates the plumbing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks copenglen, that air dog system came with all the goodies to do it right, i must have gotten a bum kit from fass or somthin...
Do I still need the check valve? I can't tell if there's a check valve in that fancy T fitting, oh, never mind there is a check valve in the factory banjo bolt. Does air dog use the factory banjo bolt to connect the injector return to the return t. In other words , do I keep my homebuilt lines with the inline springless ball check valve and join the pump ofv line back to the tank, or should I take the check valve out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts