Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tools are needed and how do you perform a injector leak down test. I have a 06 that i just put 6 injectors in and the truck runs fine. When you shut it off for a few hours and then start it back up it has a small clatter to it and runs rough for a min then clears up. I have a snap-on scanner and i can cut each cylinder out and they all seem to be working fine while it is running.
Thanks,Cody

·
Registered
203 Posts
You need the dodge star scan tool, banjo fittings, graduated beeker, etc. Then up the pressure out put of the CP3, measure the return flow of all 6 injectors, if out of spec, cap 1 line @ a time, until you find the leaking injector, if thats not your problem, check return flow or CP3 & fuel pressure relief valve.

·
4,676 Posts
Also , since you had it apart, maybe check for valve lash and make sure its not the prob ???

·
Registered
203 Posts
Missed some of the post for some reason. Since you just put them in, make sure that the tips of the transfer tubes are in perfect shape, and recheck the torque on the nuts that hold them into the head.

·
Registered
233 Posts
you could take off the exhaust manifold off and have someone watch to see which cylinder puffs when you start it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I get a puff of smoke on start up after it sits overnight. is that a leaky injector?

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm looking for some more info on leaky injectors to. I'm having the same problem as goosepilot,i get a puff of white smoke after a long sit and a rough idol for a second.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts