Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is the story. I have an 06 3500 dually with 71000 miles on it. I had to take it to the dealer last week. They said #6 piston was bad and a whole bunch of other stuff. They gave me a hard time about my edge with the attitude. Well it was a bad injector, so they replaced it under warranty. My question is today #5 cylinder thru a code miss fire detected and it started running like crap, just like it did with # 6. They only replaced one injector instead of all 6. Are injectors suppost to be replaced all together? I was thinking of just bitting the bullet and order a set of Mach 1 injectors and be done with it. What do you think? Thank you

·
Registered
48 Posts
i haven't had any problems with mine so far, but my friends 05' did the same thing around 50k. dealership gave him crap about his edge but replaced an injector. he went back 3 times in two weeks because they would replace one and a couple days later another one would go. it took the fourth trip before they replaced the set, but after that no problems.

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
No injectors get replaced one at a time ecspecialy under warranty. They do sometimes start to fail one after the other though.

·
Cummins Fanatic/INJECTION PUMP TECH ADVISOR
436 Posts
The thing you have to ask yourself about injectors is what caused the failure? Without actually testing the injector and tearing it down it's some times tough to say. Most likely it is a fuel issue, whether it's high pressure, poor filtration or water. Some times you can get away with changing one but this is a common rail system, all the injectors are exposed to the same conditions regarding fuel. So if one goes very likely more will fail.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got all six replaced when mine had to go to the dealer at 80k

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
FYI, you most likely now have 5 old style Bosch injectors, and one of the new style ones with a new type of lubricant coating between the needle and nozzle and hardened chrome in the ball seat area.

I would find a dealer that is willing to replace the remaining 5 with the updated ones........ there's a reason the new injectors are different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.