Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard about Injector flushing. I am having poor performance and my dealer whats to flush the injectors??. The filter should filter the fuel to the cp pump. I have never heard of this. Has anyone ???

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
do not let them touch it. just go by yourself a good additive.

·
Registered
846 Posts
This came up on another thread, just what the heck does an "Injector Flush" entail????:butt:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer told me that they hook my truck up to a machine and they flush out the injectors. I have never heard this before. If the injector is nfg just replace it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
They did a fuel injector flush on my truck a month ago but only because they found my chip.... so they did the test to show a fuel injector was out so they could send it in as under warranty... so i dont actually know if it did anything... but its kinda expensive it set me back about 225 bucks to have it done.

·
Registered
577 Posts
dont do it ... it put my truck in the shop and left them with a 22k bill for new everything under the hood ... its not worth the stress ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I talked to the dealer today, that test did not change anything, They figure that 3 injectors are bad. i want them to change all 6 injectors. The dealer is talking to dodge. Good there is warranty.

·
Registered
566 Posts
:lol3: ^^^^ so thats what i've been doing all this time & didnt even know it ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So dodge only changed 3 injectors. it runs a lot better. It took dodge 3 days to decide to change them. What a joke!.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts