Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Sometimes Steelhead1 can come across smooth as 80 grit sand paper, but his knowledge is effective as dumping iodine on an open cut. Painful but effective.
Simply put, the HPCR operates at extremely high pressures. From 7000psi at idle to 26000psi at WOT. Tolerance has to be exacting. Very few remans out there have a good track record. This is why they only recommend NEW or BBI for remans.
The cause of your injector failures are piss poor manufacturing of the reman injectors having an internal leak to the solenoid body that is not designed to see the 7000+ psi that they are encountering blowing the top of the solenoid off.
Hopefully the reputable dealer will refund you all your money OR will credit you & supply NEW Bosch injectors & new feed tubes.
This is one area that can’t be cheeped out on.
PM jkidd on here as he is a vendor & reputable dealer for BBI & has other choices available. He is very knowledgeable & will set you on the right path.

Reactions: rghavana

·
Registered
801 Posts
Glad that I can assist you.
Problem is a “bad batch” means their QC is crap. Even if they have a 99% success ratio, it still means the consumer is taking a risk of 1 bad out of 99 good. Warranty doesn’t do you much good when they only replace the faulty injector. They probably won’t pay shop rates for diagnosis, replacement of crap injectors & a $15K engine when that 1% sticks open cooking that cylinder (or worse)
I remember the pain when I purchased & installed BBI new injectors. $4200 CAD after paying shipping/duty charges. This was before they had a band wagon of supporters or even had reman’s available. They are still currently operating good with probably over 300k KM’s on them.
Don’t forget to add extra fuel filtration to protect your expensive investment

Reactions: nate00
1 - 2 of 2 Posts