Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe the great people here can send me in the right direction. I'm looking into upgrading to a better/larger set of sticks. Not wanting anything big or crazy expensive, just a slight bump in towing power. Truck is only used as a daily and to pull a 24ft deck over and a 50hp jd tractor, about 8000-9000lbs. Not wanting to upgrade the turbo or anything else. I noticed a set of 50hp injectors on thoroughbred for 600 bucks. But I'm unsure if the 50hp sticks will make the egt's to high. What would y'all recommend for this application?

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
DAP, right prices & right advice. Not knocking Ducky at all, just never dealt with them.

Ed

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about the size? Is 50hp injectors to large or can I go up to 100's with out worry of egt's getting to hot?

Side note, I'm not looking to make a race truck or anything. It will never be on the track, just looking for a bump in towing ability and around town power.

·
Registered
13,895 Posts
what you are asking has been covered numorous times. you will get just as many opinions on the subject. i like running a larger injector and keeping the box turned down.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Bosch RV injectors, part number ending in 635. They give 5 speed trucks 33 HP, HO's 42 HP, automatics 50.

·
Canadian Diesel Junkie
1,274 Posts
How is it that the same injector gives more power to an auto with an HY than a standard with an HX? When that is the only difference between the two?

Reactions: jlbayes

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
For what your towing, honestly I would go with a 75hp and lower injector.
Get the 75 turn the programmer to a level 2 and give her hell. Egts should stay in check very easily, if not knock you power level to a 1.
If you go with rv275s you'll want that little more. Why not Start at a very decent hp injector from the get go. Never have to worry again.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Bosch RV injectors, part number ending in 635. They give 5 speed trucks 33 HP, HO's 42 HP, automatics 50.
You have proof? Seems far off for a factory RV 40hp injector. :confused013:

·
Canadian Diesel Junkie
1,274 Posts
True on the results between 5 speed SO and 6 Speed HO trucks. Roughly 10 hp difference in those versions with the 275s.

That I can believe, different VP and higher compression ratio. But the difference between a manual trans (33hp) and an auto trans (50hp) I find hard to swallow, especially if the auto has an HY35 turbo vs the manual with an HX35.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.