Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a question for anybody having a problem with my 7.5 comments .7 I am changing out the injection pump I got three nuts off the back the big nut and washer off front I got it to come out about a half inch and it will not come anymore

·
Registered
103 Posts
Keep pulling and wiggling it, it'll come out.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hmmm... I was able to "pop" mine out, but I cheated cause engine was out, but should still just pull out with a lot of Force.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm... I was able to "pop" mine out, but I cheated cause engine was out, but should still just pull out with a lot of Force.

Tried making pusher tool out of a steering wheel puller that did not work in budget one bit I’m not positive but I think that’s the computer on the side of the block right behind it it doesn’t feel like it’s hitting it but it almost feels like something is keeping it from coming any farther you can sit there and it wiggles back-and-forth but it won’t come any farther than it is and I only got it out about a quarter inch also another question I am putting an aftermarket fuel sump in What is the recommendation to do with the stock fuel pump that’s in the tank I know you need it for the fuel gauge

·
Registered
103 Posts
Did you pull the line going to the two breathers on the driver side of valve cover? It comes out the block where the old 12v lift pump used to bolt up. Sorry I figured you had pulled everything that would look to hinder it from coming out. On the sump I pulled the actual lol electric pump out of the tank and left the float arm for the gauge. Jump on YouTube and there are a lot of videos of the install.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
K I’ll try that thank u I seen those breather tubes there but didn’t think they were in the way to much any ways

1 - 9 of 9 Posts