Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Injection pump?Transfer pump? Problem

1434 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  01DuallySO
Saturday my truck started spittin and sputterin like my filter was clogged and my throttle was dead.Stopped on the side of the road and changed it.I got back running and at idle it was smooth,when i mashed the throttle it would do try to pick up fuel it sounded like but no luck.Silver diesel says injector pump and transfer pump is bad and they want to put an inline holley aux. pump under the cab in the fuel linewith a Carter brand pumps . I need suggestions
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Some-Sho Some-Go
1,650 Posts
I don't know much about holley but airdog/fass makes good electrical pumps. If you really want a good fuel pump go with a mechanical like glacier or MITUSA. And for an injection pump i run a blue chip vp44 and love it great pump with new electronics and a stealth pump cover so you don't have to tap into pump wire for mods!

· Registered
250 Posts
go with a fass/airdog/raptor, all great replacements that you can install yourself easily

· Got P7100?
6,493 Posts
You can get an injection pump for $1,100 and a airdog for about $500. Its not that tough of a job to replace them either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.