Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an edge juice/ attidude. I was wondering about the clutch slip. I showed 9% is this bad? Also what about the boost, what is the max on it? If you have anything else you want to throw in that would be helpfull i will sure enough listen.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My edge juice/attitude is s'posed to be arriving tomorrow, so I'll piggyback. I've heard on stock 3rd gen turbos 35lb or less is safest, but I'm no expert.

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
9% clutch slip and you're in trouble. You'll find that that percentage will get higher and higher the more you drive it like that. But, it could also possibly be 9% rear wheel slip instead of clutch slip??

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's been my experience that the clutch slip percentage isn't that accurate. I have seen almost 100% slippage on mine, but I was stll moving . Just take it as info that something is slipping. Just play it safe and assume it's slipping more than what it reads. As far as boost goes I have seen short spikes at 45-48 with the hot code. I keep the alarm set to 45 when I use the Juice.

·
Premium Member
7,076 Posts
GOOSE2W1 do you have head studs or a after market turbo? With mine on 5 it hits 40lbs. kinda makes me a little worried. Dont mean to jack the thread.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Studs are stock. From everything I've read the 3rd gen's are good for short WOT spikes up to 50-60lbs. I don't remember if it was something different with the heads themselves, but the head gaskets and studs are supposed to be much better.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Studs are stock. From everything I've read the 3rd gen's are good for short WOT spikes up to 50-60lbs. I don't remember if it was something different with the heads themselves, but the head gaskets and studs are supposed to be much better.
50-60 on a stock charger :thud: I was told 40, maybe 45 here and there, any thing over that the stocker is out of range and is just pushing hot air and not helping any.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I don't plan on going any were near that on the stocker. I try to get it no higher than 40-45 Lbs. I'm looking at a charger from DDP when i get back from Iraq in Feb:woot:.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I don't plan on going any were near that on the stocker. I try to get it no higher than 40-45 Lbs. I'm looking at a charger from DDP when i get back from Iraq in Feb:woot:.
OK, I read your post a little fast, I thought you where talkin stock studs and charger :w:

P.S.- BE SAFE, THANKS FOR ALL YOU GUYS DO :beer

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
9% clutch slip and you're in trouble. You'll find that that percentage will get higher and higher the more you drive it like that. But, it could also possibly be 9% rear wheel slip instead of clutch slip??
Yeah it very well could have been the tires, it was raining all day today and i couldn't hook up.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump...... anymore info?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts