Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for right now i am going to wire in a amp and subs and I have evrything run remote wire and all but just need to hook up the convert box for the rca cables, can this be down behind the head unit or do I have to do it at one of the doors, if I can at the head unit anyone know what wire is which thanks for any help

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump to the top

·
Banned
560 Posts
Stock Receiver?

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
373 Posts
You have two options.

1. Tie the line-out converter into your front passenger speaker wires. They are blue/grey and blue/yellow and are in the bundle that run verticaly behind the passenger kick-panel...very easy to see/find.
Do not attempt to tie into the rear speakers. They do not get a good bass signal.

2. Buy and install this. (2nd one down C2A-CHY).
Products Detail

I went with option #1 (before I knew about option #2). If I had it to do over again, I'd go with option #2.

I'd run an external (remote) bass-boost knob so you can adjust the bass on the subs when going from song to song.

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You have two options.

1. Tie the line-out converter into your front passenger speaker wires. They are blue/grey and blue/yellow and are in the bundle that run verticaly behind the passenger kick-panel...very easy to see/find.
Do not attempt to tie into the rear speakers. They do not get a good bass signal.

2. Buy and install this. (2nd one down C2A-CHY).
Products Detail

I went with option #1 (before I knew about option #2). If I had it to do over again, I'd go with option #2.

I'd run an external (remote) bass-boost knob so you can adjust the bass on the subs when going from song to song.

awsome thanks thats what I needed to know I have my avic n-4 dvd player I will be putting in this truck in a few months just wanted to put the rest in right now, also passenger side quick panel were exactly is that by your left foot below the dash or where at exactly

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blue/grey blue/yellow anyone know which one is - or + or does it matter

·
Registered
373 Posts
awsome thanks thats what I needed to know I have my avic n-4 dvd player I will be putting in this truck in a few months just wanted to put the rest in right now, also passenger side quick panel were exactly is that by your left foot below the dash or where at exactly
Right foot.

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no wires that color there

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok guys I pulled off the door to see what color wires were there then spliced in under the kick panel wires are grey with blue tracer and grey with yellow tracer for future reference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts