Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My system lost the left side speakers this week. It appears that the radio head is ok but the under the pass seat amp (Alpine)lost part of its output. ??? replace with stock or upgrade or ?? I'm an old guy that doesn't need volume but does enjoy country on the road.

Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bill, you need some wattage in that rig! Just kidding man, if country is your style then right on. It may end up being cheaper to replace your amplifier with an aftermarket unit. For some reason I can just see the stocker being a little too pricey for what its doing. And aftermarket unit may be your best bet, especially if you're not looking for huge wattage gains. Try to find a local Auto sound shop to help you find a unit that will work for you for a good price. Don't let them overcharge! Hope this helps Bill.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i have the infinity system and my rear speakers all went out... sounds like

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been doing some asking here, yzgaret, and that seems to be the answer I'm getting. Had a suggestion to try a local place that has a pretty good rep. I'll be seeing them the first part of the week.

Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good luck with that Bill. I'm faithful yo Alpine because I like their simplicity, reliability and quality. If its in your budget thats what I'd get. Good luck.

·
Registered
2012 3500 CCLB dually 4x4 auto Mini Maxx w/Anarchy Tunes studs 35's 5" exhaust S&B intake
894 Posts
I lost the left side front speaker the other day. The speaker is good. Is there a way to check the amps outputs?

·
Registered
2012 3500 CCLB dually 4x4 auto Mini Maxx w/Anarchy Tunes studs 35's 5" exhaust S&B intake
894 Posts
Anybody? Bill?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't really know. I looked at the wiring for my amp and decided I'm not good at those things and gave up. Good luck.

Bill

·
Registered
894 Posts
How did you determine the amp lost its outputs?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All left side speakers dead. Switched out the head for another and still no left sides.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Gotcha! I'll try that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts