Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has tried the code free DPF delete kit ??? I talked with Shawn a few weeks ago and he said he was shipping out the kits and I would be on a waiting list 4 weeks out.He said he has quite a few out already but I haven't heard anything from anyone on CF about how they work. :confused: Are they for real ??

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I think its a unicorn:popcorn:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've never heard of them either. I'd rather pay a little more for a system from someone I know and can get ahold of.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
so far there have been several posts about possibly getting these modules but none have shipped yet.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
The guys that are doing beta testing probably had to sign a nondisclosure agreement. In other words...they can not talk about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have talked with Shawn several times about the code free and he does sound legitimate. I was wondering if anyone out there has any of IPD products and how they like them. The code free module and exhaust supposedly allows to run any fuel and there will be no sensors .Just unplug and tape up. He said the mpg reports were 19-22mpg. 95 more hp or custom tune on request.
I just hope in a year from now we can all feel confident in this code free and we are getting over 20 mpg and burning the tires off at the same time !!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm currently running the plan-jane 95 horse module (no dpf or egr delete). It's been on the truck for 3000 miles and I haven't had any major problems with it. Zero DPF issues, zero smoke at WOT, no codes. The only minor issue is a turbo surge while shifting between 3rd and 4th gear with moderate throttle. I talked with Shawn about it and he was fairly positive the it was a programming issue related the the MAP sensor and he woiuld tweak the programming when I swapped the module (for a EGR & DPF delete enabled box with a bit more ponies). So far I'm more than happy and far as I can tell Shawn knows his stuff. He's been working on the 6.7 for a few years. Now I just need to scare up the $$$.....

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
He's been working on the 6.7 for a few years. Now I just need to scare up the $$$.....
i doubt hes been work on the 6.7 that Dodge has used for a few years now. As its only been out for just over a year now. And the 6.7 we use is a totally different beast than the others

·
Registered
390 Posts
I would be scared of using an unproven chip/programer on such an expensive drivetrain. Espescialy with an auto tranny where the line pressure and shift points will be changed. My .02

·
Registered
102 Posts
How is this more unproven then the rest of the parts we're putting on our trucks after only bein out a couple weeks. Let alone a calling a year enough time to call a part proven?

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Well, I must say I am on the list to get one of these and I want it sooner the better. I don't mind trying anything on my 6.7 and for sure something Shawn has made. I know he understands what is going on with these 6.7's and what they need...

·
Retired Engineer
557 Posts
Everything on the 6.7 is bolt on because the engine was first designed as a straight forward design. All of the CARB compliant equipment including the new ECM is bolt on. If we could get our hands on the PRE CARB compliant ECM this is all that is required to equip the engine the way we want it, including leaving the VGT in place on the NON-CARB compliant 6.7. There are Qty 2 versions of the 6.7 the Euro version and the NA version. Plus there are rumors of a third world version which does not include the CARB compliant equipment. Now how to find the part numbers of that particular ECM is the mystery. It is a "B" series ECM. Some one with a lot of time and access to the entire Cummins Library may be able to find it.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Yes, but that is not going to be as easy as get that ECM and probably the PCM as well... Once you had all those, you will still need the star scan tool to put the info from the 6 injectors in each engine to be identified and able to be fired right.

Then I am not certain but I figure the VGT may as well have its own signature as well and need that ID up-loaded to the new controller. May even be other componets as well. At least this is what I understand how it all works, maybe someone here knows for sure and just maybe I am wrong and it would be more simple to change these ECM/PCM's out for a more plain jane version :)

CDog,

You mentioned its a B series ECM... You know this for a fact to be the third world version??? Just what is the NA version, a blank version that the techs get to put on a motor that has had a problem or what???

Reason I ask, is I have two places here that I know have a pretty healthy parts look-up software and good people to work with, I can maybe get a number found for these by one or both of these guys :)
Now that would be really hard to live with, would it not LOL... Its just if its that easy to swap these out is my bigger concern, as I have not been so darn lucky with my 6.7 yet:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts