Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the diesel scene and I have just started driving a 93 D350 Cummins. I love this truck.. I work for a vehicle transportation company towing a three car 50 foot fifth wheel trailer. The average load I pull is around 20,000lbs. I've already installed a Flowmaster muffler and a cheap cone filter on the turbo. Any help would be great. I'm sick of getting passed by our 2002 Powerstroke !!! Thanks

·
First Generation Moderator
2,224 Posts
Guys........

Unload it on him.

·
Registered
916 Posts
you can turn a few screws on the injection pump and end up with about 300 hp total "ball park estimate there" full power screw in the back,fuel pin in top,smoke screw on top,stare wheel in the top. you can get a 366 gov spring for 20 bucks and you be able to do over 80 get guages before anything

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's some helpful info. Thank you. My other question would be... is there a schematic of the injection pump to figure out exactly which screw is which?

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,050 Posts
Install a Pryometer before doing anything to that pump. You are towing heavy. That makes a big difference in what you can do with our engines.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Install a Pryometer before doing anything to that pump. You are towing heavy. That makes a big difference in what you can do with our engines.

YES on the pryo. Towing that heavy with very few mods will turn the pistions into a drippy mess. It is easy for me to get hot real quik and all I haul is my lunch box. My guess is you would need a ton of air from a high end turbo to tow that heavy with lots of power. TWINS?

·
Registered
222 Posts
i concur on the twins but he better to be ready to dig deep in the pockets for twins...

·
Registered
717 Posts
Power is expensive...How fast can you afford to go?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts