Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my new rig (one in sig) it came with the "stock" turbo as the dude claimed. Turns out the turbo is a II SB 62mm. Upon inspection there is a bit of shaft play and the exhaust housing has a fair amout of oil inside it. The turbo has been in a box upside down and sideways and such. Is there anyway to know what's wrong? Is it normal? Leaking oil? Bad seal? I have no use for this turbo so I want to either fix it and sell it or just sell it. Also have a stock cp3 core if anyone is interested. Thanks

Registered
Its my understanding that when the turbo is not hooked up and "pressurized" with oil, it will appear to have more shaft play.

Registered
Right to left play is okay, unpressurised. In and out play is not.

Your Delightfully Ginger Kentucky President
If the exhaust is filled with oil, that would likely be a seal, and its really a good idea for you to get it rebuilt.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The turbo is not hooked up just in a box. Like I said earlier I have no use for it. I just want to get rid of it. It was a total surprise to me that the turbo is a SB 62 cuz they guy said it was a stock unit

Registered
I'll take it off your hands if you would like, pm me and we can chat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.