Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Diesel Junkie
5,900 Posts
Description: Silver 62

The Silver 62 is our latest effort to balance the demands of towing and performance. Much like the Super Phat Shaft 62 it was designed to handle multiple fueling upgrades and comes equipped with an extended tip 62mm compressor wheel. What separates the Silver 62 from the Super Phat Shaft 62 is our new technology 74mm turbine wheel. The identifying characteristic of the Silver 62 is the polished compressor housing. The Silver 62 uses a 14 cm exhaust housing in which we modify the angle of the exhaust nozzle, maximize the wastegate ports, and enlarge the wastegate chamber for full wastegate travel. Like all Phat Shaft turbochargers it is equipped with dual grooved high performance bearings and an adjustable boost elbow The Sliver 62 can support up to 650hp and is the best all-round turbo on the market today.

Keywords: Silver Bullet 62 Industrial Injection

silverbullet2ndgencroped2_w240h160.jpg

·
Diesel Junkie
5,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I purchased a reconditioned turbo , so the price was a little under a new one.
Love the turbo for daily driving. With an automatic transmission , it spools a little slower than a standard would when towing....just had to adjust my driving a bit.

Rating10
ProsLower EGT , Power
ConsSlow Spool with stock Injestors
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
lower end not so good when i had my edge in but when i put TNT back on and took my edge off it all went away. boost is instant for me and takes off like a rocket after 1800 rpms. with my 50's it dosnt get hot for me and never towed with it yet so dont know how that is yet. it was highly recommended for me with what i do. so this summer we will see what she can do. i really love this turbo. prolly can get away with the silver 64 but im happy with my 62.

Rating10
Prosmore boost, Lower Egts, responsive and powerful
Consnon yet.
Would you recommend?yes

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Had this combined with an afe bladerunner manifold on my 08 6.7 and wish I could have it back, great product. Spools up super fast!

Rating10
ProsMore boost, faster spool up, better sound on my 6.7
Consnone so far
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
450 Posts
We tuned my 2004 truck today at 660/1170 with one and it runs extremely clean and spools good.

Rating7
Prosquick spool
Consnone
Would you recommend?yes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts