Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mechanic tells me that the Wait To Start and 4WD indicator lights are not supposed to come on during the All On power up phase; mine don't, even though he put in new bulbs and supposedly checked out the indicator panel grounds, etc.

Is he correct? Thanks,

·
Registered
441 Posts
I dont remember what my 4wd lights do, but my wait to start doesnt come on until after the power on christmas tree light demonstration goes off.. key on, cluster lights up, then the loud "boosh" as Im guessing the ABS module does something, then wait to start turns on...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wait to start light delay

I discovered my 4WD indicator light did not function even when 4WD was engaged, so I had my independent diesel mechanic troubleshoot it. He found wiring and vacuum hose problems -- both of which were resolved, and now the 4WD indicator light works as it should.

So now all my indicator light issues are solved, except for one pesky annoyance. There is a noticeable (5 - 10 second) delay after the Christmas tree display before the Wait To Start light comes on. I can't start the truck, even when warm, until I hear a relay click and the WTS light comes on.

If I remember correctly this was not the case when I first bought the truck -- something has changed.

Has anyone else experienced this delay, and if so, have they determined a cause? Thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts