Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I no that this isn't a suspension question but i figured the only reason i am doing this mod is because of my 6 inch lift so i figure that this is an appropriate place to post. Anyways, i have run into a problem.
I am attempting to remove my t-case to install in index ring and i can't seem to get the t-case to budge it is stuck to the tranny. Anyone got any idea's on how to get it off?

This is what i tried so far...
took off both drive shafts
removed the 6 nuts from the t-case that hold it to the tranny
removed all hoses, cables, etc.

Now i am hammering on the t-case with a 2x4 in between to not damage the case. I have tried prying it and bashing it and no luck

anyone got suggestions? is there a trick to it? or should i keep what i am doing?

·
Rescue Tower
10,808 Posts
I don't think you have all the nuts off. there may be 8 of them, but I don't recall. Here is a manual.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the manual but it shows there are only 6 nuts so that isn't the problem... Any other ideas?:confused013: or anyone else have this problem

·
Registered
597 Posts
I had this same issue when I pulled mine off. I live in Colorado where we don't have the rust issue from winter salts used on the road so I can imagine what a pain this must have been for people where salt on the roads is used. In saying that, I ended up loosening all the nuts almost to the verge of coming off then used a jack to take some of the weight off the case from making it bind. Then I just started wiggling and kicking the case until it came off. Oh and I used that PB penetrating lubricant. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well back to kicking and screaming then!!!hahaha i thought i was missing something but i guess i will keep wiggling it off

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Like was stated above, put a jack under it to take some of the weight off and wiggle/kick/beat it till it comes off

1 - 6 of 6 Posts