Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I'm Chris from B.C., Canada, currently on a road trip with my family in Mexico. I wanted to say hola. I am so not a techie guy. I need to be clear about that. I drive a 1996 Cummins that has a half million clicks on it. It's a great rig. I have a bunch of questions, however, they are so low tech I don't want to insult you all with their simplicity. Please let me know if their is a spot for my queries or if I should shove off. I have looked all over the net for simple answers to questions like: Are mechanical engines ie. 12V from 1996 to the first part of 98 easier and cheaper to repair (esp. in Mexico and Latin America)? And...Do the back seats get any bigger/roomier with newer models. I want to purchase a rig with lower clicks but I don't know if it makes sense to go for a truck that's all computerized and high tech. I have also found it nearly impossible to get straightforward answers for my questions as most people on the net (including this forum) have forgotten more about these trucks than I will ever know ie. debate over the minutiae is completely lost on me So...if anyone can help direct me where to post...I'd love to hear from you.
Buenas noches.

·
Registered
376 Posts
as for your 12 valve look in the 94-98 12 valve section, use the search feature! 98 and after have the same cab space except they have 4 doors. 03 and up the cabs get bigger or you could go with a mega cab:thumbsup: anyway welcome to the forum

Reactions: 4x4x5

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,080 Posts
welcome aboard enjoy your stay. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'm trying to get a pic of my rig up on the site.

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
Welcome to the site!

-Jordan-

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man, good to be here. I'm learning a lot!!!

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
3 words, search search search. I bet that will answer 90% of all your questions. Realistically, unless you ask how to make your truck smoke for free you wont likely be ridiculed. :welcome:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So there are people out there who want their trucks to smoke? For free? Weird.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts