Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got 17k saved up to buy me a truck and I'm looking at an '03 or '04 Cummins. I'm wondering if there's anything in particular to look out for while I'm test driving and looking at the truck. I'm only going to be buying the 6 spd. manual so I don't need any tips on what to look for with auto's. If the truck is chipped, are there any chips that are considered to be bad? I can also get a personal loan from my parents if I want to spend a little more.

Also since i'm new to the forum, I'll be 18 in May, I love cars & trucks. I'm looking at going to UTI this summer or next. In case your wondering how a 17 year old saves up 17k, I've been saving since I was about 10 just to buy a car or truck and have decided I want a Cummins or Duramax.

Edit- If anyone could post up the pro's con's of the Duramax vs. Cummins let me know. I'm googling it right now, hopefully I get some luck if no one can post up here.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Edit- If anyone could post up the pro's con's of the Duramax vs. Cummins let me know. I'm googling it right now, hopefully I get some luck if no one can post up here.
You should be able to find some info here on the big 3 diesels here.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/g...ion/26524-dodge-cummins-ford-powerstroke.html

Just take some time and look for a 03 or 04, I'm 17 and just bought a 03 with the HO Cummins ,6 speed and 74,000 miles for $13,000 if you can find one like I did you should have some $$$$ for mods.

Heres a picture of her...

·
Registered
342 Posts
cummins advantage : cummins engine
duramax advantage : Allison transmission

I had the same debate when I was buying a truck.

I chose cummins

1 - 3 of 3 Posts