Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all Im new here, I need new treads for my 3500, what better place to get advice right? My tire size is 275/70/18, I have Toyo HT's on it now, great Highway tire, long life, SUCKS off road! They are ready to be replaced and I'm leading toward BFG TA KO's, I've had them on other vehicles and loved them, never anything near as heavy as my 3500, any of you running them? Any slightly more aggresive tread patterns you would recommend? I've heard good things about the Cooper Descover S/T's but my experience with any Coopers is they wear fast, Im going to order some tires Saturday, just not sure what kind! :banghead:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I have heard great things about the new nitto trail grappler. Aggressive tread and wears good so I've been told. Have a few friends running them and they all love them. I have Mickey Thompson ATZ's on my truck now and I really like them. Have worn great and ride nice but I don't know if they are aggressive enough for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, I really like the look of the Nitto's as well, cant find them anywhere in my size! How's Cedar treatin ya, I grew up in Beaver! Been up here 5 years now! I'll check out your tires to, I dont need aggressive, just an A/T but need some grab cuz bout half my time is spent on dirt!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Cedar isn't to bad not much ever changes alot like Beaver lol. When you check out the Mickey Thompsons they have the ATZ's and the ATZ plus. The plus has a wider tread pattern might be a little more aggressive in the dirt. I bought my truck with a new set of ATZ's already on it and they have handled everything I have thrown at them. That said I am not in the dirt very often in my dodge but when I have been the tires performed great.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dusty how many miles are on those atz now?

·
Paranoid
432 Posts
I have read on here in few different threads where the BFG At's caused death wobble. It magically went away when they switched tires. I'm not sure if there is any truth to it, but when I get the truck some new shoes in the spring I will probably go with Nitto Terra Grapplers.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have you looked at the Nitto terra grapplers? They have great traction with dirt and snow. This is my first set and they are awesome. I know a lot of people say that they wear fast and have a short life. Im not sure because I only have 3k on them so far but to me they are a great tire. My dad has the TA KO's and they are a good tire as well. Good luck with the purchase

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
They are not super aggressive but I am really impressed with the procomp extreme tires that I have on my truck... gonna get some great tread life out of them... probably have 25k miles on them now or more and have at least 50-60% left on them 305/55/20

1 - 9 of 9 Posts