Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I posted earlier about a MAP sensor and got it wired properly. My issue still remains which is when I get high boost my truck loses power big time and then throws a mysterious CEL. I do a scan for the CEL but it says it doesn't see one but when I clear it anyways it goes away. I can drive fine around town and even on the highway as long as I don't get on it. It almost seems like it's defueling. I took my Power Puck off and it didn't fix it. Only 16k, what is going on???? Running a Diablosport Tuner btw and it's always ran just fine for me.

·
Not like the others......
4,190 Posts
Hmmm, I don't know much about the newer ones, but that kinda sounds like it's de-fueling due to high boost. I wonder if a boost fooler device would solve ur problems?? Quadzilla Here's an example.

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, I don't know much about the newer ones, but that kinda sounds like it's de-fueling due to high boost. I wonder if a boost fooler device would solve ur problems?? Quadzilla Here's an example.
I've considered that but why all the sudden would this issue start? If someone could explain this to me I'd totally buy one tomorrow.

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
I THINK you may have been borderline with over boost before...Now you could be 2-3lbs higher and causing your computer to de-fuel??? I am not a genus by no means...

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This issue just started and been running the same mods for about 4k with no problems. When you can really tell is when I'm in 5th and I punch it to get down the highway and it just kinda hangs at 55-60 and crawls it's way on up. Totally seems like a defueling issue but why all the sudden. What really upsets me is that I throw a CEL and my retarded Diablosport can't read it but can clear it, wth?

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I THINK you may have been borderline with over boost before...Now you could be 2-3lbs higher and causing your computer to de-fuel??? I am not a genus by no means...
If this is the case what is the fix? I boost fooler or do I need to take it in to the stealership? I used to be able to get to 100+ like nothing now I feel lucky to make it to 70.

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
Have those 4K miles been in colder weather? maybe it is the change in temps that are causing this; oil temps, air temp,etc...

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
If this is the case what is the fix? I boost fooler or do I need to take it in to the stealership? I used to be able to get to 100+ like nothing now I feel lucky to make it to 70.
My vote is boost fooler. It will not let the ECM know what is really going on...

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, it has become much hotter. And what I mean by yes is all the miles on the truck were put on in the winter. This issue just literally started with the summer.

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
Try the fooler, it is making sense to me...Maybe you could find someone that has one and take it for a ride down the street, see if that cures it.

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
Do you have gauges?

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have gauges?
EGT yes, have boost guage but not hooked up ( I really need to get it hooked up). I didn't feel like boost was priority. EGT's look fine to me btw. I drove 30 miles to the zoo today and no issues with heating.

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
Yup this is why it is priority. The weather change(I am assuming) has triggered a little more boost, and your ECM is correcting it. You should not have any charger problems until 45-48+lbs of boost. Just get your gauge hooked and it will tell you fast and in a hurry.

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup this is why it is priority. The weather change(I am assuming) has triggered a little more boost, and your ECM is correcting it. You should not have any charger problems until 45-48+lbs of boost. Just get your gauge hooked and it will tell you fast and in a hurry.
Will do. I really appreciate your input. Just to make sure you say a boost fooler should take care of this issue? It's easily in the 90's here so yeah, it got hotter.

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well after extensive research and man do I feel stupid I found out that it was my fuel filter. My Diablosport wouldn't read codes so when it threw one all I could do was clear it. Called a few people and one of them told me I can get the code by doing the on off x's 3 thing and it was a P0148. I was also told that my Power Puck acts as a boost fooler as well, is that true? Anyways I'm glad I got this taken care of and never knew a fuel filter could have such a huge impact on my truck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts