Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

in need of an air intake

979 Views 14 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  gator_grabber
So i need to pick up a new air intake for my truck what do you guys reccomend?

I knew there's the trusty BHAF but i want more options
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
687 Posts
I have an AFE Stage 2 and really like it. It's well built and the element is easy to clean.

· Rescue Tower
11,007 Posts
I have the PSM, but you could make the same setup with a dryer vent hose and a hole through your firewall. Gets you cold cowl induction air. Gained 1mpg on the highway and dropped an easy 100 EGT across the board.

· Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've done the airbox mod already, but im looking for something that well help my truck breathe better and i want to protect my turbo from all the dirt/sand that floats around in the air out here.

Whats the trick to cleaning the dry filters that everyone makes now?

· Banned
1,106 Posts
AFE Stage II, love mine, its been treatin me very well.

· Registered
1,207 Posts
I got the afe pro 5 stock replacement and I love it, the filter pretty much takes up the whole airbox.

· Rescue Tower
11,007 Posts
I've done the airbox mod already, but im looking for something that well help my truck breathe better and i want to protect my turbo from all the dirt/sand that floats around in the air out here.

Whats the trick to cleaning the dry filters that everyone makes now?
What makes you think the airbox/cowl induction is not breathing or filtering well?

· Some-Sho Some-Go
1,650 Posts
I love my Volant CAI with the auxilary cowl induction.....sounds bad a$$ and works very well

· Registered
1,207 Posts
the instructions for my afe say "Normal highway driving should give 30,000 to 50,000 plus miles between cleanings. You should inspect the filter ever 9,000 miles."

· Registered
687 Posts
I guess that would depend upon how dusty your environment is. Lots of limerock road driving hastens the cleaning time for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.