Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, CAN anybody tell me where i can find a map sensor 4 cheap? Dealer wants 182.00 for sensor & 37.00 for harness.Texas Diesel dont sell them realy dont want take chance on one from the gunk yard HELP.:CRY:I have a o2 second gen. 2500

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
how did you know your map was bad?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Map Sensor

Hey, My trk wasnt running to good thought i had a trans problem they did test drive and while doing so they plug into the dianostic port it showed the code for the map.Then took it to texas diesel performance they said same thing.

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
What year truck do you have? I just had a issue with me MAP sensor and it was because one of the pins in my MAP sensor plug was pushed back resulting in 2 codes from taking off and putting back on my power puck. One was MAP sensor and the other was a turbo overboost code for some reason. I ended up putting a new plug on and it fixed it. Not saying that's your problem but I'd inspect the all the pins. My truck ran but ran like crap when I threw the codes..

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
if the truck is a second gen 24V is it smokin' like a freight train that's a sure sign you're havin' a MAP sensor prob

·
Banned
2,615 Posts
I know mine is bad but it dont smoke like a freight train unless I turn the adrenalin up ..

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
I know when the guys unplug it it smokes more than normal

·
Registered
156 Posts
try a cummins dealer. They sell the parts for much cheaper than the dealer. And the only way to truly test the map is to hook up an ohm meter to it and see what you get.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts