Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can dyno my truck? I live in the Tyler Texas area but Im down around houston sometimes. I have been waiting for a dyno day but I dont think one is ever goin to come. Also, I would like to know with whats in my sig, how much horse power I should put down. I know it can be different with every truck but I would still like to know a round about number. My brother in law has an 08 6.4 ford and he is always talking smack that he has more horsepower than me and all he has is the spartan 275 tune and air intake. I just would like to know if i have more than him. I love talkin smack to the in laws.:hehe:

But any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
699 Posts
You dont have more than him. He is probably around 500 and your around 430. But just tell him that he needs to wastegate his coolant bottle and that should piss him off.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
id say throw some 90hp nozzles, fuel system, and a lock up switch.... you will rock his world then eventually a turbo and a arson cp3 kit then it wont even be fair!

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Does anyone know where I can dyno my truck? I live in the Tyler Texas area but Im down around houston sometimes. I have been waiting for a dyno day but I dont think one is ever goin to come. Also, I would like to know with whats in my sig, how much horse power I should put down. I know it can be different with every truck but I would still like to know a round about number. My brother in law has an 08 6.4 ford and he is always talking smack that he has more horsepower than me and all he has is the spartan 275 tune and air intake. I just would like to know if i have more than him. I love talkin smack to the in laws.:hehe:

But any input would be greatly appreciated.
Have you seen this? It is only about an 1.5 hrs from you or so, and there will be a ton of guys out there! I am going to try and make it also.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/texas/281660-dyno-day-north-texas-july-10-a.html

There will also be another one probably at AllStar(longview) in October again. If you go to either of these events it will be a lot cheaper than to go by yourself.

As far as you having more HP than him; you don't. You will need nozzles, cp3, and a turbo to do that.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
i still say he can catch him with 90s and an airdog am i wrong?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We went to the track a couple weeks ago and out of 4 races i beat him 3 times. And
I think the reason he beat me is cause i spun and he boost launched in 4 wheel drive. I didnt boost launch once. But now that I have the smarty I thik I should be able to completely whoop the hell out of him. He has been so pisssed since I put the smarty on and hasnt been wanting to race me. He rode with me and now hes just scared. He keeps saying that he is gonna dump a bunch of money in his to make it faster than mine but in the next couple months im gonna get 90s, mp8, and a FASS. hopefully a cp3 soon after.

·
Registered
406 Posts
We went to the track a couple weeks ago and out of 4 races i beat him 3 times. And
I think the reason he beat me is cause i spun and he boost launched in 4 wheel drive. I didnt boost launch once. But now that I have the smarty I thik I should be able to completely whoop the hell out of him. He has been so pisssed since I put the smarty on and hasnt been wanting to race me. He rode with me and now hes just scared. He keeps saying that he is gonna dump a bunch of money in his to make it faster than mine but in the next couple months im gonna get 90s, mp8, and a FASS. hopefully a cp3 soon after.
What did u have before the smarty? he should be way faster... and dont buy a whole cp3 just buy an arson IIor III kit, like 350 brand new for the III i believe and the installs very simple

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Maybe...those 6.4 runs really strong.
Stock no, they suck just like all the other Powerjokes. With that 275hp tune on it yes they are strong as hell. There tranny is stronger than ours, and the spool up is faster with the VGT turbo. Of course they don't have the low end grunt that our trucks have. There are pro's and con's of each truck and just like JD said they run strong as hell with just a simple tune.

As for racing, thats hard to believe. I would have to see it for myself. I have never seen a 6.4 with that tune do a boosted launch and a Cummins do a non boosted launch with a stockish truck like yours and win. Post a video next time for us bud. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had everything in my sig except for the smarty. I had a BD powerpup instead. His best time was a 14.5 1/4 and mine was a 14.7 1/4.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ill try and get my sister to video it this weekend. I think we are gonna head to the track.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I had everything in my sig except for the smarty. I had a BD powerpup instead. His best time was a 14.5 1/4 and mine was a 14.7 1/4.
the smarty will help you out alot my friends 06 had a smarty intake exhaust and full trans and ran a 14.3 only launching with 3psi then again hes 4wd too

·
Registered
406 Posts
Your times about right but his is unbelieveably slow with the spartan he should be mid 13s, unless its a dually maybe? or a stick if they even come in manuals?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its a 1 ton longbed SRW 4x4 with a leveling kit and 20s with 35" tires. Mine is a 4x4 also but im kind of scared to launch in 4 wheel drive. I havent ran on the track yet with my smarty but im hopin to be closer to 14 and maybe get into the 13s. I was pretty impressed with the 14.7 with a bully dog, but i should definitely be able to do faster with a smarty.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I went a 14.0 with my smarty, dont be afraid to launch in 4wd just keep it under ~18lbs when you launch... once you do it once youll fall in love lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess Ill give it a shot this weekend. Ill try and get a video of me whoopin that powerchoke.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can you feel any difference in the seat of ur pants with a Arson II or III? Also, how much different are 50 horse injectors vs. 90 horse? Im tryin to decide what to get and I want the best for my money. I want to be able to whoop the hell out of him.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
What track do yall go to? I am workin in athens and thought about stoppin in crandall fri night and see about making a couple runs

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I havent been to a track around here but I usually go to the track in baytown or seally. I dont even know where the nearest track to here is. Where would the nearest one be?

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Theres the new track up 175 in crandall, dallas raceway but thats a couple hours from you. I checked the schedule and it shows nothing for fri. so i guess thats out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts