Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They ship the tailgate spoiler with 4 large mollybolts and an installation tool. You drill four 3/8" holes, then the instructions show you expanding the mollybolts. Only the installation tool didn't work. The mollybolt spins inside the hole. I took the inside panel off the tailgate and tried holding the backside with some pliers. What a mess. Finally got 2 mollybolts in and switch to some Japanese rubber mollybolts (for holding down motorcycle windshields) on the other two. I hate feeling stupid on something that ought to be easy. I

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dont feel bad mine didnt even come with the tool long enough to hold it so after butchering this first one i modified the tool and hardware to actually work right take a look at the picture if you need any help

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have looked in the regular 3rd gen forum because I notice somebody else (you?) had a problem with the tool. The bolt part of the tool was too short and I tried grinding off a little of the nut part of the tool so the bolt would go in deeper. I don't feel quite as stupid, except I could have been smart enough to just take off the inside panel and use regular nuts & bolts. Should have looked at it better before drilling the 4 3/8th holes. I've got it on there now. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts