Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That being said what are my limits. i live in flrida so no hills and never plan to leave here in my truck. i pull a 19' open fisherman, and an open car trailer from time to time also i plan on upgrading turbo in the near future. should i worry or let it ride. Oh, yeah the truck only has 14,000 miles on it it's like a virgin.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To hell with it drive it like it a rental, then ill worry about it. ive read alot of posts and they dont crack all that often. time will tell and till then ill have my foot on the valvecover...

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
Yeah I would just say drive it and worry about it when something happens :thumbsup.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Mine died at 17,500,others have 250,000+ on them. It's a very tiny portion of the total that have problems. Drive it and enjoy!

·
Banned
2,613 Posts
Mine died at 17,500,others have 250,000+ on them. It's a very tiny portion of the total that have problems. Drive it and enjoy!
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
435 Posts
:agree2: I was suprised to find out just how few 53's fail, mine one of them:RANTIN: Mod it and drive it like you stole it!! i think super cold temps and warming the engine up too quickly is the main cause, i.e. exh brake on when smarty fast idle kicks in and it's -12* with the truck not plugged in.
Obviously you won't have that issue in FL:lol3:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have over 252000 miles on my 53 block and so far no sign at all of any issues.

Jon

·
Registered
491 Posts
i say drive it likke you stole and if it breaks THEN worry about it its not like it happens all the time and there not that hard to fix anyways so i would say dont worry about it

And Have Fun

·
Registered
56 Posts
my 53 has 212,000. she's still together

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
What is this "53" block thing?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gus we were gonna talk and we havent call me 305-747-1928.

·
Registered
56 Posts
some of the blocks of 1999 24 valves (maybe some other years) are stamped wth the number 53 on the side, i believe these were made with some odd steel and are known to crack easier than normal blocks. If I'm correct, most 53 blocks were manufactured in Mexico.

·
Registered
2012 3500 CCLB dually 4x4 auto Mini Maxx w/Anarchy Tunes studs 35's 5" exhaust S&B intake
895 Posts
You can't do anything to prevent it. Just drive it like you would if it wasn't a 53 block. By the way, Welcome to the 53 Block Club.

·
Registered
435 Posts
:agree2: If you're block does crack, then you can change cam, balancethe bottm end, o-ring the head etc. while you have it apart.:woot:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts